Mindstream Interactive is a fully integrated customer experience agency with roots deep in digital marketing. Based in Columbus, Ohio, we work with amazing clients across the U.S. and Canada. Creating meaningful brand interactions is never far from our thoughts, nor are the virtues of learning and innovation. We are looking for a Strategist to join our growing team. At Mindstream, our Strategists thrive at the intersection of business goals and customer needs.
Reporting to the Senior Strategist, Strategists act as key contributors to the development of strategic recommendations for the agency’s diverse portfolio of clients. In this capacity, the Strategist is expected to unlock meaningful insights to support project assignments and occasional new business efforts, resulting in products and campaign plans that add value to the customer experience while accomplishing business goals.
The Strategist studies and impacts the overall customer journey, actively collaborating with counterparts from a multi-disciplinary team that spans Creative, Social, User Experience and Technology, to shape short-term plans and long-term roadmaps that are forward-thinking and focused on solving big problems with big ideas. The Strategist would be considered a key producer for multiple clients at the same time, and can expect to have the opportunity to contribute to the agency’s thought leadership platforms.
A Strategist will ideally have experience across multiple skillsets that influence the Customer Experience, potentially drawing from a combination of research and insight development, brand planning, content strategy and/or digital strategy.
Typical activities and deliverables will include:
- Drive the agency’s Immerse phase, which merges brand objectives with right-fit research approaches to uncover insights that fuel the agency’s strategic, creative and technology recommendations.
- Act as a key contributor to Customer Experience mapping, spanning all customer touchpoints, including beyond digital.
- Act as a key contributor to the creation of customer personas, with input and assistance from UX and Social Strategists, and creative team
- Document business requirements and business strategy for our clients, grounded in data from primary and secondary sources and including original frameworks and revenue modeling
- Act as a key contributor to the development of holistic strategic plans and deliverables for clients, including insight development, persona creation, and long-term roadmap development for digital ecosystem investment. Playing a part in presenting one’s ideas should be assumed.
- Contribute to the agency’s thought leadership agenda with both internal education presentations and external blog posts and conference presentations.
- Provide strategic input to and feedback on UX Planning, analytics, social and creative deliverables.
- Plan, execute, and report on primary and secondary customer research, and inform user testing methodologies together with UX Strategists.
- Write and present Experience Briefs, the key document that serves to move a project from strategic planning into definition phase.
A working knowledge of social and/or digital media strategy and storytelling through analytics would be valuable, but is not required.
The qualified candidate will meet as many of the following preferred skillset requirements as possible, with the understanding that on-the-job training will be provided to round out the candidate’s skillset if necessary:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing communications or related field.
- 2-4+ Years of Experience (1+ Strategy Specific & 2+ Industry Specific in strategy, account planning, research and insights or related field(s) – agency experience across multiple verticals preferred.
- Proven ability to translate inputs from multiple sources and teams into broader-reaching insights and forward-leaning roadmaps and plans.
- Proven ability to identify, prioritize and align business objectives across organizations with multiple interested stakeholders, often with competing agendas, with a desire to deepen expertise in this area.
- Proven ability to draw connections and drive insights across business models, customer mindsets and frames of reference, with a desire to deepen expertise in this area.
- Understanding of the Customer Journey and ability to problem solve by for key roadblocks, moments of truth and communication opportunities – with a desire to deepen expertise in this area.
- Strong research capabilities and analytical skills, including the ability to draw insights from patterns seen in data.
- Strong knowledge of marketing strategy, including digital experience and media planning.
- Excellent verbal communication and proficient public presentation skills with an openness to coaching.
- Excellent written communication skills, including ability to create original presentations, with an openness to coaching.
- Experience working within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, including expert Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Working familiarity with the output of leading web analytics (Google Analytics, Omniture).
- Working familiarity with social Insights (Facebook, Instagram, Crimson Hexagon, Radian6, TrackMaven, Nuvi, Simply Measured, etc.).
- Self-motivated, with ability to work both independently and collaborate with members of a team.
- Proven commitment to uncovering industry trends and developments.
- Proven ability to balance multiple projects at once, set priorities and communicate them effectively.