This individual is a high-energy results addict who thrives in an agency setting. He or she will be responsible for management of integrated public relations business-to-consumer (B2C) and business-to-business (B2B) client accounts. An account director supports long-term business building, develops marketing and communications strategies, oversees account team management and maintains overall accountability for assigned client budgets and planning.
She or he comes to work each day to make a difference for Fahlgren Mortine and the clients he or she leads.
- Collaborates with a team to develop integrated marketing and communications campaigns for clients in multiple sectors
- Deeply engages in and has an authentic passion for clients’ businesses, including but not limited to logistics, technology, manufacturing, healthcare, higher education, tourism, retail and consumer products
- Develops strategies and tactics for digital and traditional advertising, customer events and trade shows, thought leadership content (print, video, digital), media relations and social media
- Moves projects from initiation to completion effectively and efficiently
- Understands the integrated relationship among advertising, branding, creative, digital, media planning and buying, public relations and research
- Seeks to develop and implement new programs for clients with little direction
- Employs marketing and communications technologies and techniques, such as marketing automation
- Leads and builds meaningful client relationships based on value-added counsel, understanding of the client’s business, responsiveness, and high-quality deliverables from the agency account team
- Manages internal team activity to ensure the appropriate resources are assigned, prepared and capable to deliver impactful programs and tactics within agreed upon timelines
- Establishes and grows relationships with client’s senior management team members
- Oversees and manages all financial aspects of client relationships including, but not limited to compliance to contracts/agreements, billing, write-offs, etc.
- Communicates client issues effectively to appropriate agency leaders
- Owns accountability to ensure team is achieving company performance metrics
- Participates in agency new business efforts; may be a member of new business pitch teams
- Provides leadership and coaching to account teams and direct reports (if applicable)
- Stays abreast of trends to deliver clients the best integrated marketing and communications results
- At least 10 years of marketing and communications experience; agency experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of marketing and communications and the ability to understand clients’ businesses and their competitive environments
- Proven experience working in an account leadership role
- Proven client-facing experience with a demonstrated strategic approach in offering marketing and communications solutions to meet client’s needs
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and balance priorities
- Goes the extra mile
- Thrives on creating and implementing the most impactful advertising/public relations/social media/media relations/digital campaign their client has ever seen (relevant to the budget, of course)
- Excellent research, writing, presentation, management and conflict-resolution skills
- Ability to manage and motivate internal team to achieve a common goal
- BA/BS in marketing, public relations, communications, journalism or related fields
- Ability to travel – approximately 10% travel may be required (majority of travel is between agency and client location, as well as between agency locations)
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements for this position here: https://careers-fahlgrenmortine.icims.com/jobs/1339/account-director/job
Please, no phone calls. Relocation assistance will not be provided.
Fahlgren Mortine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.