The ideal advertising agency Account Manager is an active self-starter and visionary with a sense of urgency. He or she is not afraid to test and challenge others, and emphasizes tact while doing so. This person should be positive, confident and passionate in their daily tasks. The right candidate is professional yet fun. This structure, organized individual knows how to prioritize and motivate others, sell ideas and is a true champion for client success. The Account Manager should be a hands-on team player who isn’t afraid to get his or her hands dirty. The person is relationship driven, youthful in spirit and collaborative. He or she knows how to be honest, kind and diplomatic and a good communicator, both written and oral and knows how to listen. This leader understands the importance of mentoring and teaching direct reports while developing them with patience – also maintaining a strong willingness to learn. He or she is confident but not arrogant. The candidate is a foodie and an agency advocate who knows how to inspire consumers. This person has respect for RMD’s heritage and is a true brand champion. The ideal Account Manager is a results-driven hard worker who is accountable, responsive and motivated by goals. This is an individual who hits the company timelines and respects processes – while exercising a driven passion for creativity to continues to evolve this food agency. He or she is focused, analytical and detailed. This person has their finger on the pulse of food and consumer trends as a lifelong learner, remains open minded and appreciates quality, with a passion for the food business. The ideal candidate is generous, authentic, and personable and should have a good sense of humor while remaining approachable and humble.
The responsibilities of the Account Manager include, but are not limited to the following:
- Set Client marketing strategy and objectives
- Define client mission, goals and messaging
- Establish a clear, defined brand strategy both internally and externally on a national level
- Oversee online and offline media, including Public Relations and Digital
- Lead and develop 2-3 direct reports
- Create successful product launches and local store openings for clients
- Increase sales and market share for clients
- Increase sales and market share for the agency, adding 2-3 clients annually and growing existing client budgets as well
- Travel nationally to understand he food industry, trends and clients
- Develop relationships with, and understand, key clients (the environment, needs and consumers/customers)
- Develop new and innovative strategies for clients and for the agency
- Help clients to manage the product life cycle
- Learn and know the manufacturing and sales/retailer buying process
- Understand key retailers and their environments, preferences and needs.
• Comfortable with traveling 1-2 days per month
• 4 year degree or equivalent experience
• 5 years marketing experience
• 3 years marketing leadership experience
• Track record of success with documented results
• Experience leveraging technology/social media/PR successfully
• Experience leading a team of at least 2 direct reports
• Evidence of career progression with growth and commitment
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• 5 years advertising, public relations agency experience
• Experience in the food industry
• Understanding of key metrics for digital and SEO
• Experience leading a team of direct reports
• Experience with campaign management in a fast paced environment
• Outside interests – community involvement, physical activity, food
• Experience with Mac Platform
What Sets RMD Apart from Other Agencies?
• Founded in 1992, RMD Advertising is a stable agency
• Focusing solely on the coveted growing and emerging food industry
• Zero layoffs throughout our history
• Profitable, with bottom line growth averaging 20% annually
• Growth oriented, with growth that averages from 25% annually
• The agency and our clients are known and respected
• It is located in Columbus, OH – a family-oriented city
• We work predominantly with family-owned businesses, and our team is a family-oriented team
• RMD is a steward of the community, having launched a 501(c)3 charity, Wagons Ho Ho Ho, whereby we build and donate 1000 wagons annually, with food, to children who otherwise wouldn’t have a Christmas.
• There’s ample opportunity for growth, challenges and learning
• The company invests in employees with good benefits
The Team Says:
• The employees care for one another
• Open, light and bright office with ample community-work areas for enhanced teamwork and creativity.
• Culture of work hard, play hard
• The company is family-oriented and Managing Partners genuinely care about your success and happiness.
• Quarterly team building events facilitate a closer sense of team
• Team members take pride and ownership in their work
• There’s passion for our client brands
• Blue Chip Clients that are continuously growing and evolving
• Client trust us to be autonomous
• New challenges every day
Are you smart and driven with a true desire to work for a top food advertising agency? Confidentially send your resume today to email@example.com.