The Creative Group is looking for an art director, preferably with business to business experience selling products, services and solutions to small and mid-size businesses in a fast-paced setting.
A strong familiarity with current challenges in selling to businesses across different industries is a definite plus as is a knowledge of the newest design trends. You understand the importance of collaborating with your writing partner to combine visuals and headline thoughts so that they are more than the sum of their parts. You’ll work in digital, print, mobile and social, with copywriters, coders, production artists, web developers and creative directors to turn business strategies into creative solutions that sell.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Personally work on the graphic development of finished product.
- Interact with Creative Director and Copywriters to develop creative concepts and executions of assigned product(s).
- Possess solid understanding of the strategy and market dynamics of assigned product(s).
- Photo selection and editing for campaign assets
- Computer photo retouching and image development
- Demonstrated ability to think conceptually and provide marketable solutions in conceiving, developing, and producing tactics.
- Work closely with account executives to meet established deliverables and deadlines.
- Participate in input and creative meetings as needed.
- Assist in making presentations to client as needed. Job Requirements
- An online portfolio is MANDATORY; you can’t be considered without one.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communication design, or graphic design or visual arts.
- At least 3-5 years of art direction and/or design experience in an agency or corporate environment.
- Proficiency on Mac OS platform is a must. Thorough knowledge of the following is required: Adobe CS6 (including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop). Additional knowledge of digital (html, etc.) and video/animation software a plus.
- Expert understanding of multimedia design and experience building files for both print and digital.
- Demonstrated complete understanding of: Color theory and color relationships.
- Digital and print production process and knowledge of production techniques.