Are you ready to be a part of our team? JVA Campaigns is a national, award-winning political consulting and public affairs firm that specializes in direct mail and digital advertising. We are based in Columbus, Ohio – the battleground of all political battlegrounds. Our clients span the spectrum of the progressive movement – candidates, labor unions, state parties, caucuses, advocacy organizations, and nonprofits.
We are hiring an Associate Art & Studio Director. This is a permanent, full-time position with a flexible start date.
Associate Art & Studio Director Job Duties: JVA Campaigns creates brands for our clients that live through every element of their campaign. You will work closely with our Art & Studio Director and will have the opportunity to work on a variety of campaigns all across the country. Job duties include:
- Creating eye-catching print and digital materials, including logos, direct mail, campaign literature (palm cards, yard signs, brochures, etc.), and digital ads
- Developing marketing materials for internal use, including proposals, pitch decks, marketing brochures, etc.
- Collaborating with the Art & Studio Director, Production Director, and Client Services team on client projects and helping to solve challenges as they arise
- Managing other freelance graphic artists during the busy campaign season
- Tracking the status of jobs using our online workflow manager and managing art proofs in our web-based editing program
- Generally doing whatever it takes to get the job done right
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
- 2-4 years of professional design experience, preferably in a corporate or agency environment
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, working knowledge of Word and PowerPoint preferred
- Previous experience working in a team environment
- Proven ability to work independently, be well-organized, and detail-oriented
- Enthusiasm for creating good design
- Passion for Democratic and progressive politics
- Good sense of humor!
- Strong desire to learn and willingness to be taught
A few more things: Again, this is a full-time position at our headquarters in Columbus, Ohio. We provide medical, dental, and vision coverage as well as a 401k program on the very first day of employment. To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Associate Art & Studio Director” in the subject line. JVA Campaigns is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a dynamic and diverse workforce.