Are you the kind of person who reads both Supreme Court decisions and dictionaries for fun? Do you correct your friends’ Facebook posts when they misuse there/their/they’re? If so, you might be the perfect person to work at Postali.
We’re a small marketing company in Columbus, Ohio that provides a range of writing, web design, and marketing services exclusively for lawyers. We’re a quickly growing company and currently have a need for a full-time legal writer, editor, and publisher to do the following:
- Review and edit legal content written by freelancers with an eye for accuracy, originality, grammar, and consistency of style
- Write informative, accurate, and conversational content about any potential topic related to legal practice
- Publish web page and blog content to websites
- Communicate with clients regarding content
- Stay on top of news and developments in numerous areas of legal practice to contribute relevant ideas for legal blog content
This is a full-time employment position that will require frequent communication and periodic meetings and working from the office; however, due to current space restrictions telecommuting is a potential.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Demonstrated professional experience editing copy produced by staff writers or freelancers
- An understanding of the differences in the process between editing and proofreading
- Demonstrated professional writing experience and an understanding of how writing for a web audience is different than writing for print or other media
- A superior command of grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Experience with researching and writing about the law, including the ability to pick up an unfamiliar legal topic and quickly acquire an authoritative understanding
- Strong critical thinking and communication skills
- The ability to multitask in a creative, collaborative, fast-paced, team environment
At Postali, we offer salary compensation plus a full benefits package.
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance.
- Competitive Pay
- Retirement Plan
- Free Starbucks
- Flexible Vacation
- Moving/Relocation Benefit
- Ongoing Training
- iPhone and Service Plan
- Technology Driven Company
- Great work location (Arena District, the marketing-hub of Columbus)
- Collaborative environment
If you’re excited about joining the team at a company recently named one of the Best Places to Work in Columbus by Columbus Business First, please email a resume, writing sample, and cover letter addressed to Brandy Benefield at firstname.lastname@example.org and convince us why you’re the Content Developer/Editor for us. If you can answer the question “When should a writer use ‘that’ vs. ‘which’ in a sentence?” you might be our person.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Columbus, OH 43215
Required education: Bachelor’s
Required experience: Editing and writing – 1 year