Fahlgren Mortine is looking for a career-minded Corporate Communications Manager to join our growing and award-winning team in our Columbus office.
The Corporate Communications Manager is responsible for management of the agency’s business development processes and internal and external marketing and communications programs, including events. This individual collaborates with agency leaders to build new and existing client relationships, while also supporting associates in the proposal development process.
- Represents Fahlgren Mortine and fosters relationships with prospects on initial calls, serving as main point of contact throughout the business development process
- Oversees development of proposals to tackle new and existing clients’ marketing and communications challenges
- Collaborates with discipline leaders and associates throughout the agency to manage proposal production; budget and pricing estimates; proposal writing; contract negotiations and development of presentations for new business opportunities
- Manages layout and design of creative and complex documents for prospects via Microsoft Office
- Manages creative resources/processes, including graphic design and layout for agency marketing pieces and new client proposals
- Evaluates and summarizes opportunities effectively for internal teams
- Writes and updates associate biographies and client case studies for prospect proposals, as well as any other support that may include thorough proofing, assembly and delivery
- Drafts news releases, award entries, media pitches and agency backgrounders to secure earned media coverage of the agency and its leaders
- Supports the agency’s social media presence by writing/posting/managing content
- Monitors proactive and reactive media relations and social media opportunities for the agency on ProfNet, HARO, editorial calendars and other directories
- May write and edit executive communications
- Works with agency leaders to develop and manage the marketing calendar for the year
- Archives agency information, awards and milestones
- Maintains agency’s subscriptions/memberships to new business directories
- Tracks/reports the department’s progress to management
- Proactively monitors competitive trends, websites and marketing outreach in trade publications
- Implements internal communications tactics which may include quarterly agency meeting preparations and other regular associate gatherings
- Minimum of 5 years of professional/internship experience in a marketing, public relations or new business role. Professional services or agency experience strongly preferred.
- Proven experience in securing positive, quality media coverage
- Excellent writing ability (AP style is preferred)
- Outstanding project management and proofreading skills
- Strong research abilities
- Acute attention to detail
- Experienced in reporting, tracking and archiving
- Text and photo layout experience using various programs within Microsoft Office
- Excellent time management skills and proficient management of deadlines and schedules
- Ability to support a vibrant agency culture through rich communication to internal audiences and execution of events and programs for company associates
- Must be a team player and able to collaborate with individuals from a wide variety of professional disciplines
- BA/BS in related fields
- 0-10% travel required
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements for this position here.
Please, no phone calls. Relocation will not be provided.
Fahlgren Mortine is an equal opportunity employer.