The Design Director plays a key leadership role within the ZoCo family, assuming joint project and team leadership while maintaining the standard of aesthetic and strategic impact in conjunction with our Founder and Account Director.
You take immense pride in your work, are extremely detail oriented, and you can handle criticism from clients. You are an expert in navigating client relationships as their strategic advisor—you use these skills to understand their needs and articulate what the team’s design choices mean for the client’s brand. Working under fast-paced timelines without sacrificing quality comes naturally to you—as does being a team player who works well with others.
You have professional goals, integrity in both work and personality, and an immense drive to deliver the highest quality product possible. You don’t settle, but are highly collaborative and never ego-driven. You are willing to help where needed, aid in the production and ownership of design projects, and are eager to try new things for the good of your team—even in roles outside of your everyday.
You will guide collaboration in the design studio day-to-day and work closely with our project management team to estimate timelines for deliverables and align on overall project scope—driving the team to meet deadlines and maintain profit margin.
You are a ZoCo ambassador and show your team pride both in and out of the studio.
- BFA/BS (or equivalent experience) in design and strategic creative
- 5–8 years of experience (agency preferred)
- Experienced Lead Designer, aiding-in or directly managing at least 2 other designers
- Excels in UI/UX Design (experience required)
- Superior technical & software skills
- Ability to guide the client relationship and make strategic recommendations
- Ability to draw or represent design thinking to quickly communicate conceptual thought process (show, don’t tell)
- Ability to think strategically as well as aesthetically—actively driving smart solutions
- Strong visual, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate effective problem solving skills and inspire others while leading
- Actively shape and improve upon studio creative processes
- Mentor, motivate, and provide healthy and structured feedback to team members
- Act as a liaison between the studio team, company leadership, and our client relationships
Strong Understanding of:
- UI/UX Design
- Web Design
- Brand Identity
- Design Strategy
- Print Design & Production
- Digital Strategy
Think you can hang? We’d love to hear from you. Share your portfolio with us at: firstname.lastname@example.org