What is an environmental designer? It’s a big thinker, an idea person who can execute an experiential design as complex as a corporate identity or museum exhibition and as small as a piece of furniture or business card. We’re looking for designers who are able to create thoughtful and innovative designs to help enrich the overall experience of the environment. This designer should be process driven, valuing each stage of design from concept development to construction administration. The key to all design problems, both large and small is that the design intent is carried through to the very end. It is important that the designer is detail oriented and innovative in their problem solving approach. The ideal candidate is flexible and able to multi-task and can work in a fast paced environment with flexibility and efficiency.
- Actively participates in innovative conceptual design development.
- Responsible for Branding and graphic design implementation projects.
- Overseeing signage and wayfinding projects.
- Responsible creating and managing Construction documents.
- Responsible for project management and CA process for signage and wayfinding projects.
- Coordinates with fabricators and contractors to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in industrial design, graphic design, environmental design or related field; non-degreed candidates must have at least 6 years’ experience in transferrable role.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in relevant or transferrable design/project capacity.
- Capable of juggling multiple deadlines for entire team.
- Ability to present to clients, individuals, or teams.
- High Proficiency of Adobe Suite Programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign).
- Ability to read architectural drawings.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on multiple complex projects.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management.
- Diversified portfolio with a high focus in environmental design.
- Ability to do both hand sketching and computer rendering is a plus.
- Strong graphic design and layout skills.
- Video/motion graphics experience is a plus.