Xcelerate Media, Inc., headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, is a full-service interactive solutions company that uses the latest technology and advanced instructional design techniques to deliver custom e-learning and interactive marketing solutions and develop mobile applications. We are seeking dynamic individuals with high energy and drive, who are self-motivated and results oriented to join our team of freelance instructional designers and writers.
Our Freelance team is comprised of talented individuals who organize and develop content for a wide variety of customized courseware. Ideal candidates will have a bachelor’s degree (or similar degree) in English, Science (Biology, Chemistry, or Geology preferred), Technical Writing/Communication, Instructional Design and/or proven experience with editorial or educational publishing. Teaching experience, especially in the 6-12 STEM arts, is a key differentiator, but is not required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conceptualizing and outlining a content map and storyboard for a Digital Learning Object, supporting a Science curriculum.
- Presenting and discussing concepts and storyboards with an emphasis on how it correlates to national Science standards to a customer audience.
- Review and QA of third party product builds, managing through the production cycle.
- Organizing and outlining of customer content.
- Developing content for iBook or eBook platforms and for specific disciplines (i.e., Reading/Language Arts, Math, Science, Government/Social Studies).
- Adapting print textbooks to digital resources.
- Collaboration with team members, vendors, and other writers/instructional designers.
- Storyboard creation.
- Audio/video Script creation.
- Flexibility to attend internal meetings, either in-office or remotely.
- Ability to interface with customers (e.g., in-person, phone, email, etc.).
- Meeting aggressive deadlines.
Key qualifications include:
- College degree or Certification in English, Technical Writing/Communication, Instructional Design, STEM and/or proven experience with editorial or educational publishing OR teaching experience in 6-12 STEM.
- Editorial experience, preferably in educational publishing.
- Knowledge of writing for an e-Learning, iBook or eBook experience a plus.
- Classroom teaching experience for K-12 and/or higher education.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including phone conferences, virtual meetings and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage time and meet/exceed deadlines.
Interested applicants, please send resume and hourly rate to the attention of “Recruiter” at the following email address HR@xceleratemedia.com.