Founded in 1963, Paul Werth Associates is an integrated communications consulting firm with public relations, public affairs, marketing, digital, design and research expertise. For more information about Paul Werth Associates, visit www.paulwerth.com.
The Graphic and Digital Design Intern primarily assists with the conceptualization and design of graphic applications such as collateral material, corporate identity and web interfaces, from concept to completion. Projects range from highly creative design projects to smaller, production-based jobs. The Intern must be able to effectively coordinate with account leadership, project managers, developers and copywriters to ensure solutions successfully meet client objectives and internal goals.
- Assist with the development concepts and designs for clients and internal use. Present alternate ideas in a professional manner.
- Implement the design process through completion and prepare final layout for a variety of advertising, marketing, digital, public relations and social media creative projects.
- Perform front-end development on web interfaces and other digital projects.
- Possess a good understanding of current trends in graphic design and a strong understanding of the digital marketing channel.
- Maintain up-to-date skills in design, printing and interactive techniques relevant to various industries represented by clients.
- Potentially present work and represent the creative team during internal discussions.
- Ensure that the firm’s adopted quality control procedures are followed on all projects.
- Assist in the creative aspects of new business proposals and presentations.
- Possess a four-year degree or have major coursework in graphic design or a related field.
- Possess the ability to produce highly creative work within budgetary guidelines.
- Must be comfortable working in a Mac environment with a variety of design programs, i.e., Creative Suite with InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Some experience with html is a plus
- Able to learn new development skills or programming languages as needed.
- Possess strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, have good organizational skills and work well under deadline pressure.