Sharpen your skills and build your portfolio by contributing to a company that’s focused on increasing brand awareness for our retail brands. We’re looking for a talented graphic design student who brings a positive attitude and can thrive in a fast-pace work environment. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to drive design thinking from ideation thru concept development, refinement, and execution. The ideal candidate must be able to execute multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines. The intern must be able to articulate creative thinking, and feel comfortable communicating ideas to design leadership and marketing colleagues. Candidates should have a strong sensibility of typography, color, page layout and a sharp eye for detail. We are looking for a creative mind in a fast paced environment that can also contribute to an atmosphere of perpetual innovation and ideation.
- Creating new design concepts using brand assets and identity guidelines for consumer products. This will include adhering to company quality standards, visual identity standards, tone of voice, and brand positioning.
- Handle versioning for template projects such as product labels, packaging, and business partner requests from start to finish.
- Other design projects will include, but not limited to, print marketing, digital advertising, and project management.
- Ability to work part-time during the school year and full-time in the summer
- Students heading into their Junior Senior year working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or similar degree
- Strong visual communication skills
- Comfortable working one on one with non-designers to visually communicate what they need
- Eagerness to learn
- Naturally curious and inquisitive is a must
- Self-starter with comfort in ambiguous situations
- Capable of juggling several assignments at once and meeting deadlines
- Strong sketching skills a plus
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
Competency in the following software:
- Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- MS Word & PowerPoint
Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they’re our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We’re looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.
Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets. Our family of 10,000 employees in over 80 facilities throughout 10 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With sales of approximately $ 3 billion annually, our company has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as a “Most Admired Company” and four times as a “100 Best Companies to Work For.”