Every day, Lutheran Social Services (LSS) provides care and support to thousands of community members in need through homeless shelters, food pantries, domestic violence shelter and services, assisted living and skilled nursing communities, fulfilling our mission to create a better world by serving people in need.
LSS currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Graphic Designer. If you want to use your creative talents to help us provide services to people in need, this is the role for you! This position will support our marketing & communications department by participating in or being responsible for:
- Designing and maintaining agency print materials including brochures, flyers, posters, newsletters, signs and more
- Design print advertising for newspapers, magazines, billboards, etc.
- Design digital and email marketing as well as advertising content
- Update and maintain agency website using WordPress
- Shoot and edit video content
- Build and maintain an image and video library
- Assist in designing social media content
Daily work will require constant collaboration with the marketing team and maintaining LSS brand and copy standards. Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines are critical.
- Graphic Design Associate or Bachelor degree from an accredited school
- 1 to 2 years of experience as a designer on a marketing team or at an agency
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite for PC, WordPress and HTML
- Creative with the ability to follow brand guidelines as well as create pieces from scratch
- Strong business or organizational portfolio
- Good time management and multitasking skills
- Good writing skills
This is a great opportunity to give back to your community while building your skill set working alongside skilled professionals. LSS offers a flexible, day time work schedule to meet your needs and a fun, engaging, rewarding work environment.
Applicant must submit an online portfolio link to be considered for this position.