Sports Imports is the industry leader in volleyball net systems. We are the Official Beach and Indoor Net System of the NCAA Volleyball Championships, USA Volleyball, the American Volleyball Coaches Association and the National Federation of High School Sports. Our passion has remained the same since we opened our doors 40 years ago, to support volleyball coaches and players by providing the best net system for every level of play.
We are seeking a full-time Graphic Designer with a strong portfolio that showcases a broad range of designs/projects and the ability to understand the needs of different audiences. The Graphic Designer will create high impact visual concepts that deliver Sports Imports’ message to our various target audiences across multiple channels. He/She works on digital and print projects, maintaining Sports Imports’ corporate identity/brand. Visually, the Graphic Designer communicates informative, inspiring, and captivating ideas. The ideal candidate is an idea-generator who thrives in brainstorming sessions, a team player who can also work independently.
Additionally, the Graphic Designer is able to work well under pressure, can meet tight deadlines, is exceptional at multitasking, and can manage projects with different creative directions. He/she is excited to continue to develop his/her design skills and is always up to date with the latest trends in the industry.
- Develop designs that are on strategy and reflect Sports Imports’ brand personality
- Design and produce creative artwork including, but not limited to: advertising, social media, websites, brochures, flyers, magazines, displays, emails, events and exhibitions
- Present new ideas to members of the team and options for design treatments
- Monitor projects through all phases of production
- Proofreading and preparing designs to be sent to print and/or to publishing
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with graphic design, illustration, marketing, fine art, or communications focus.
- 1-3 years of work experience in the graphic design field designing across multiple platforms.
- Mid-level experience designing for print and web
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite with superb skills in Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Experience with graphics, typography, and digital photography
- Comfort with online tools for gathering and sending data or images relevant to the completion of a design project, especially the delivery of design files to print vendors
- Understanding of a brand’s audiences, identity, mission, and value proposition
- Awareness of competitive business environment
- Creative flair, originality, and a strong visual sense
- Confidence to present and explain ideas
- A matter-of-fact approach when ideas or designs are rejected; flexibility
- Attention to detail
- Team player who enjoys collaborating
- Experience in volleyball or sports
- Working knowledge of other software such as Acrobat Pro, Lightroom, After Effects, Dreamweaver, etc.
- Experience with pre-press imaging output and production — including traditional film and digital proofing — and file management technologies
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS for creating email, landing page, and other digital templates
- Experience with WordPress
Sports Imports is an equal employment opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Based on experience
Job location: Columbus, Ohio
Please send resume to email@example.com