Summary: To lead in conceptualization and design solutions that meet the creative, marketing and merchandising strategies utilizing graphic computer programs and production equipment so the company can meet profitability goals.
- Creates and designs art and copy layouts for POS materials according to established standards (e.g. preparing files with necessary die lines needed for finishing materials); determines size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, selects style and size of type, arranges layout based on available space and design concepts and assembles final layout, press pages, proofs and prints based on production guidelines (e.g. ensures design maximizes the amount of raw material being used to minimize waste).
- Prepares and pre-flights submitted artwork to ensure materials will print according to standard (e.g. verifies fonts and image resolution) and assists with production of POS materials by operating equipment (i.e. large format printers, cutters, etc.) as needed on limited basis according to established standard.
- Assists sales team and Graphic Production Manager with POS design or ideas for customers.
- Works with graphic design teams to secure artwork and approvals.
- Maintains digital file library; re-organizes and updates current live artwork per established standards.
- Provides proofs for content on G&J Graphic Productions web-based digital storefront as needed.
- Remains current and up to date on industry trends involving graphic design software and print production.
- Makes recommendations about equipment usage and workflows of print jobs in order to meet projected due dates, while increasing productivity and reducing waste.
- Communicates with co-workers, supervisor and management team verbally in writing regarding the status of tasks (e.g. design status, production process, artwork proofs, finalization and approvals) and other information; supervisor regarding questions or issues with daily assignment.
- Adheres to all company policies, standards and procedures (e.g. OSHA and safety requirements, AIB and Pepsi standards, Federal/State/Local laws); wears all required personal protective equipment.
- Maintains confidentiality of pricing, customer information, and other sensitive and confidential information.
- Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works overtime as needed to meet workload demands. Performs other related duties as required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design or related field or equivalent work experience is required.
Experience: 3-5 year’s graphic arts production experience required; 2 years previous graphic arts management experience and 2 years digital printing equipment experience required. Advanced knowledge of printing production techniques and wide format printing practices strongly preferred.
Computer Skills: Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), Font Management, RIP Software, Acrobat, and Microsoft Office: 3D CAD software experience is strongly preferred.
Other Requirements: Knowledge of: finishing and related equipment (e.g. cutters, plotters, laminators); graphic arts production. Skill in: internal customer service; creating and developing POS materials. Ability to: work quickly, efficiently and independently; multi-task; communicate effectively with other employees and develop good working relationships; adapt to change; problem solve; operate a computer and finishing and related equipment (e.g. plotters, cutters, laminators) read (e.g. diagrams, maps, planograms); read and write.
Please apply at our website www.gjpepsi.com