This position requires strong motivation, professionalism and an ability to work efficiently when faced with clients & staff working to meet deadlines. Ability to understand and properly provide and execute feedback and creative direction is a must. Successful Junior Directors will need to balance daily and ongoing project deadlines that require attention to multiple and often competing priorities.
Position Reports to: Creative Director
Primary Responsibility: Ability to direct, with support, a wide-range of projects from live-action to 2D and 3D animation. Work closely with clients, Directors, Senior Directors and Creative Director to develop concepts that meet predetermined objectives and strategies, assist team in all aspects of creative execution, from initial concepts through production phase, lead and interact efficiently with external contractors and team members, communicate project details to clients and vendors.
Secondary Responsibilities: Attend client meetings, assist directors on shoots and in post as needed, train and assist Creative Assistants/Interns, execute creative assets such as storyboards, style frames, deck and treatments as needed, all other duties as assigned by Creative Director.
• Concept Development: Assist Creative Team in executing concepts and pitches, working closely with teams of artists to execute pitch assets including style frames, storyboards, treatments and pitch decks.
• Pre-Production: Meet with clients to work through creative concepts and execution.
• Production: Assist Directors on live action shoots as needed.
• Post-Production: Provide clear and targeted direction to artists on edits, color, sound, animation, and story.
• Conduct business as to maintain and increase the goodwill and reputation of Spacejunk.
• Maintain studio standards when working in a pipeline with other artists.
• Must be a passionate storyteller and problem solver.
• Knowledge of current design, edit and animation trends.
• Overnight travel is a requirement of this position.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
• Relevant degree in a creative field a plus (cinema and photography, animation, art school, etc.) but not required.
• Working knowledge in some combination of programs such as: Final Cut Pro, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, AfterEffects & Cinema 4D/Maya required.
• Relevant experience as a working artist for at least 2-3 years.
Spacejunk creates memorable animated and live action content in an engaging, design-forward manner for great brands and people. We are a tight-knit, collaborative team who enjoys working on interesting projects for high-visibility national brands. We like to work with peers, who think differently, are disciplined, focused, funloving, and willing to leave their egos at the door.