Ecommerce marketplace AHAlife and brother site Kaufmann Mercantile are looking for a junior copywriter and editorial assistant to join our nimble team. This is a unique opportunity best suited for a strong writer who loves digital storytelling and is interested in the overlap of content and commerce. As an emerging lifestyle brand and destination for shopping independent designers and makers around the world, we would love for you to be as excited about conscious consumption and thoughtful living as we are.
What you’ll do…
- Write and edit copy for email, social media, and other digital marketing channels
- Support day-to-day production of our two blogs, The Good Guide and Field Notes
- Write SEO-friendly product descriptions across all categories
- Contribute creatively to team brainstorms
- Assist other departments with special copy requests
What we’re looking for…
- Strong writer who’s a stickler for grammar
- Ability to produce high-quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and love of lifestyle trends
- Self-starter mentality with a thirst to learn
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience writing for a lifestyle or fashion brand is a plus
- Experience with WordPress is also a plus
This position is based in our office in Columbus, Ohio. If you’re interested, please send your resume, writing samples, and an email with the subject line “Junior Copywriter & Editorial Assistant” to email@example.com. In the body of your email, list three ecommerce companies that you think do a good job with editorial content and explain why.