PPA GRAPHICS, a top 10 central Ohio advertising agency, established in 1984, is searching for a Junior Front-End Web Developer to join our digital services team in Canal Winchester, Ohio. Candidates primary responsibilities will be the design, layout and coding of client web sites for use within Open Source Content Management Systems (CMS), such as Joomla! and WordPress. Candidate will also be responsible for maintaining and updating existing client web sites.
The digital services team provides ongoing development services for the PPA GRAPHICS company website (www.ppagraphics.com) along with client internal and external web applications, social media and other digital strategies. The Junior Developer will be exposed to digital solutions including, but not limited to, Web Content Management, eMail Marketing, Search Engine Optimization and Advertising.
The Junior Front-End Web Developer is a full-time position, responsible for design, development, integration, implementation, and operations of web-based applications for the PPA GRAPHICS digital services team. This position works closely with the entire digital services team as well as collaborating with other team members and clients both locally and off-site.
- Conceptualize, design and code front-end responsive websites and pages
- Building scalable, fast and secure websites
- Ensure websites are cross-browser and device compatible (desktop, tablet, smartphone)
- Building HTML email templates to deploy through a variety of email marketing systems
- Providing project estimates
- Working with other designers to complete projects according to timelines
- Troubleshooting and debugging software/websites
- Writing basic CMS user manuals for clients
- Researching and testing software functionality, performance, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
TECHNICAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
Ideal candidate will possess the following technical skills necessary to succeed in the position:
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related major; will consider equivalent business experience
- Knowledge of current front-end technologies and standards
- Responsive Web Design (Bootstrap)
- Ability to work in local MAMP environments
- Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to read and troubleshoot code without the assistance of an IDE or editor
- WordPress (Custom/child theme and plugin development)
- Joomla! (Custom template and plugin development)
- Excellent communication skills and work ethic a must
- Attention to detail and quality of work
- Self-starter with self-initiative and direction
ADDITIONAL SKILLS DESIRED (not required)
- AJAX and JSON
- Strong understanding of SEO, advertising and analytics
- Traditional marketing and advertising skills and knowledge
PPA GRAPHICS offers a Christian-based, family-oriented, and fun workplace in a new office environment. We offer a competitive salary, 401(K) contributions based on company performance and health benefits.
Additional information about PPA GRAPHICS can be found at www.ppagraphics.com.
PPA GRAPHICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
APPLICANTS WISHING TO ONLY WORK REMOTELY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.