This position is ideal for a candidate looking for real, hands-on marketing experience. The marketing intern will work in GBQ’s marketing department’s team of five associates and must be proficient in Adobe InDesign. The intern will assist the Marketing team in coordinating various integrated projects, campaigns and daily Marketing activities, including planning, research, social media and CRM. The intern will attend meetings and be encouraged to join the firm in networking and entertaining events. This is a rare opportunity to get invaluable work experience in a fast-paced but fun environment.
Timeframe for Internship:
The internship will be 15 hours a week Monday through Friday, days and hours can be flexible to work with course load. Ideally the duration of the internship will be for a minimum of six (6) months but could be extended or shortened depending on needs as well as performance. This is a paid internship of $15.00/hour.
To fill these shoes, you must:
- Currently enrolled in a BA/BS degree program in Marketing, Communications, Visual Communication, Graphic Design or related field at an accredited 4-year institution
- Be authorized to work in the United States
- Plan to graduate between May 2018 through December 2018
- Be professional and punctual, resourceful and well organized
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong editing and proofreading skills
- Adobe Creative Suite knowledge is a must!
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Be self-motivated, confident, energetic, flexible, and creative
- Effective project management skills are a must with the ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines while maintaining a positive and collaborative attitude
- Possess a sound understanding of marketing principles
- Be a team player and build excellent working relationships to attain business goals
- Desire to understand and embrace business goals and objectives and have a strong desire to grow and develop as a professional