The Media Connections Planner/Buyer is responsible for developing plans identifying strategic connections for key clients and their audience(s) using insights from a variety of research sources. This role will require an understanding and execution of cross-channel media programs and the ability to understand how that intersects with owned, earned and shared media. This individual is responsible for negotiating buys on behalf of assigned clients. In addition, the Media Connections Planner/Buyer will provide ongoing education on the ever-changing media world to clients and internal audiences. Our ideal candidate is a well-organized, detail-oriented person with the ability to multi-task, and manages deadlines, budgets and timelines.
- Works with internal and client teams to develop strategic recommendations for connecting a brand to their audience(s)
- Leads negotiation and buying efforts (traditional and emerging) and ensures that all placed media matches client approved plans and buys and that media buys are input with absolute accuracy
- Pursues innovative solutions for solving client needs
- Accurately produces, optimizes and maintains multi-channel programs
- Provides thought leadership and education to both clients and internal audiences
- Ensures fiscal accuracy of all media buys
- Manages online programs including display ad tracking, PPC programs and reconciliation
- Utilizes research tools to provide consumer and competitive insight and recommendations
- Assists with new business efforts
- Accurately produces and maintains reporting and information delivery mechanisms
- Identifies anomalies, meaningful data events and trends for further analysis
- Demonstrates ability to reliably support multiple clients
- Has three to five years of relevant media experience with at least two years of digital experience
- Strong multi-channel understanding, and experience are critical – including digital and social
- Demonstrated drive and passion for uncovering and identifying connection points – no matter the medium
- Uses a creative approach to solving marketing challenges
- Ability to take initiative and assume responsibility, consistently meet tight deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Holds superb organizational and communication skills
- Skill set includes excellent proofreading skills, attention to detail, flexibility and follow-through
- Desire to understand and provide insights from campaign data
- Able to manage others and will have the skills required for effective communication and delegation of tasks
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MAC, Nielsen, Arbitron, MRI, Scarborough and Kantar
- BS/BA in Business Management, Marketing, Communications or related fields
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements for this position here.
Please, no phone calls. Relocation assistance will not be provided.
Fahlgren Mortine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.