About the Project
We are kicking off a project to build a native mobile app for iOS and Android and are looking for a UX pro (contractor/freelancer) to join our project for at least the next six months.
As our new mobile designer, you will work closely with the mobile product team. Your primary goals will be to design version 1 of an app for both iOS and Android.
We expect you to have an evolved understanding of how people use their devices, the flexibility to adapt to new technologies, and a robust understanding of user experience design.
You will be reporting to the User Experience Director and will be responsible for highly usable and intuitive interface creation. Any concept you create will be brand-consistent across all mobile experiences that our company provides to our end users.
Responsibilities in detail:
- Develop intuitive, usable, and engaging interactions and visual designs for mobile
- Provide strategic thinking and leadership
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout the design process
- Participate in the development process from definition, through design, build, test, release, and maintenance
- Stay abreast of UX trends and look for creative ideas and inspiration in parallel analogous worlds
- Research and track advancements in mobile application design patterns
- Break any design problem down into viable actionable chunks and solve them with clarity and precision
- Strong graphic design skills, with a good understanding of typography, intuitive layouts and development
- Strong ability to recognize and predict use-cases and user interaction, including happy path, edge and corner cases, and incorporate them into designs
- Excellent understanding of user-experience design for mobile apps, technology trends, demonstrable design skills, and ability to show relevant work (mobile apps design is a portfolio requirement)
- Proven ability to deliver high quality designs to customers
- A team player who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment
- Expert level skills in Sketch, Photoshop, InvisionApp and other relevant design tools
- Deep understanding of Apple’s human interface design guidelines, Android design and other mobile platform designs, including Google’s material design