The Ohio Department of Education, Office of Communications and Outreach, is seeking a multimedia producer (video, web and graphic design) to provide the agency with clear, compelling and creative products.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Collaborates with agency clients to develop clear, compelling and creative products:
- Film, edit and post videos and produce motion graphics;
- Uses a Content Management System (CMS) to produce webpages utilizing hyper-text markup language (i.e., HTML) on MacIntosh/IBM compatible computers;
- Creates and produces graphic design and visual communication services for various media, including social media and the web (internet and intranet) to ensure the maximum user-friendliness and meets customers’ needs for access and information;
- Ensures end products’ compliance with ODE branding and accessibility standards;
- Provides consultation and technical assistance in the development of visual communications products.
Works with personnel cross agency to provide communications that support ODE’s mission and vision:
- Ensures agreed-upon performance goals are achieved;
- Ensures projects are produced timely and satisfy internal and external clients.
Performs other related duties as assigned:
- Participates as a member of the creative team in meetings;
- Uses team-based problem- solving for decisions and activities that affect the Office of Communications;
- Assists with the development and maintenance of office and agency policies and procedures about communications.
- Completion of undergraduate core program in visual communications with emphasis on graphic design/industrial design &/or fine arts; 24 months training or 24 months experience in website/web page creation, design &/or development.
- Or completion of associate core program in graphic visual communication technology or multimedia production technology; 36 months training or 36 months experience in website/web page creation, design &/or development.
- Or 36 months training or 36 months experience in electronic graphic design; 12 months experience with hyper-text markup language for website/web page design &/or development.
- Starting compensation for this position is non-negotiable at $24.08 hourly/$50,086.40 annually with the opportunity to advance in pay after 6 months.
All qualified candidates should apply at www.careers.ohio.gov no later than July 24, 2018.