The Company –
A&R Creative Group is a family-owned restaurant group in Columbus, Ohio.
The mission of our work is to foster local commerce by contributing to the local economy & food systems through strategic partnerships, innovative community-driven businesses, and environmentally sustainable practices.
The Position –
The Designer works closely with internal company contacts to understand requirements and create effective designs through available mediums. Works on multiple projects concurrently while working both independently and within a team environment. The position requires someone who is fast on their feet, enthusiastic about food culture and trend, and executes strategic designs. This candidate is supported by the Lead Designer and other members of the team to develop the individual’s skillset.
The position is part-time and will require around 20 hours per week. we hope to find a candidate eager to grow with the company.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to) –
- Design and create compelling, consistent creative assets that reflect the brand and lifestyle across all platforms for marketing campaigns, displays, logos, store materials and social media
- Maintain strong understanding of individual business needs and objectives including their vision, goals, brand guidelines and design standards
- Contribute to all phases of the brand identity process—immersions, personal research, strategy, design, and digital/print application, creation and maintenance of color palettes, iconography, typography, branding and document templates
- Collaborate with Art Team and assist with ideation
- Assist in development of strategies and tactics to get the word out about our company and drive qualified traffic
- Take design input from individual businesses
- Maintain design knowledge of the latest production methods to produce stylish, on trend, and innovative functional solutions
- Support social media outreach and engagement by creating digital content (Instagram posts, Digital advertisements, etc.)
- Provide general assistance with miscellaneous tasks for creative and marketing teams (delivering items, picking up items, assembling, hanging promotions, etc)
- Use bi-monthly photo shoots to create images used for websites, updating as needed
- Reports to Lead Designer; ability to understand and translate art direction to successfully create and complete projects
- Brings a positive attitude and the desire to be an integral part of a small art team
- Strong knowledge of digital and print fundamentals (layout, typography, information hierarchy, etc.)
- 1 year graphic design-related experience in a professional environment
- Experience proven by portfolio showing a range of client work & personal projects
- Proficient in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, & InDesign especially)
- Ability to thrive in a highly creative, collaborative, and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Excellent communication & personal time management skills
- Highly organized, punctual, & dependable
- Eager to learn, responsive to feedback, & excited to share ideas
- An eagle eye for detail!