Print Shop Assistant/Graphic Designer position located in Urbana, Ohio.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The successful candidate will be detail oriented with excellent layout and proofing skills and have experience with print production and pre-press processes. Must be fluent in graphic applications including Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Must also be able to work with the Microsoft suite of Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint. Must be able to work with multiple projects and be able to perform within tight deadlines, have strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to adapt to a changing environment and acquire new skills. Must also have strong customer service skills while working with large-scale companies and the general public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Create designs and layouts for specific printed projects
- Help customers in person through phone calls and emails with new and existing jobs. Such as changes to a job, quotes and capabilities.
- Execute revisions as necessary
- Create mock-ups and presentation comps as needed
- Team player with other staff designers including constructive critiques, input and job completion
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, education and/or ability required for this position. Associates degree in graphic design, communications or other related field; College-level course work in graphic design a plus. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree.
ESSENTIAL JOB SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Must be proficient with relevant design related programs, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Publisher, Word and PowerPoint.
- Functional and technical knowledge of Mac operating systems.
- Able to understand how to use both a large full color copiers and wide format printer, binding equipment and finishing equipment.
- Must have a thorough understanding of pre-press and printing.
- Must also have strong customer service skills.
- Assist in maintaining inventory and monitoring reorder levels.
- Results-orientated, deadline-driven and used to working in a fast-paced, team-focused environment. Also able to problem solve technical issues.
- Organize, prioritize, and control job responsibilities.
- Work with minimal direct supervision.
- Accurate typing and data entry skills via Macintosh & PC keyboards.
- Must be able to juggle multiple projects and perform well with aggressive turnaround times.
- Communicate effectively with management, co-workers and customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proofing, grammar and spelling.
- Must be confident to take a project from concept to completion.
- Ability to learn and utilize new technology quickly and accurately as it pertains to our business.
- Valid state driver’s license in order to deliver finished jobs to customers location.
- Ability to sell our services to possible future customers is a plus.
- Bindery experience preferred but not necessary.
Send Resume/Portfolio information to email@example.com