The Ohio Hospital Association was established in 1915 as the nation’s first state-level hospital association. OHA represents 220 hospitals and 13 health systems throughout Ohio. OHA exists to collaborate with member hospitals and health systems to ensure a healthy Ohio.
Gain a wide range of experience within OHA’s Public Affairs department. The public affairs intern will meet the qualifications listed below and will be primarily responsible for assisting with the execution of strategic communications and social media initiatives working 15 to 20 hours per week during regular business hours.
Representative Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with OHA’s member e-communications, including developing content for newsletters and event promotions;
- Assist with the development of content for OHA’s website and social media channels;
- Assist with production and deployment of OHA’s promotion/marketing materials; and
- Support public affairs team with special projects and OHA’s annual awards program.
Secondary Duties as Needed:
- Staff OHA events as needed;
- Archive digital assets, including photography and video footage; and
- Other duties as assigned
- College junior or senior pursuing a bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership, communication and analytical skills
- Previous internship experience
- Working knowledge of Adobe creative suite software (InDesign, Photoshop) and content management systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
The Ohio Hospital Association is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
A cover letter, resume, and references from two previous employers should be e-mailed to:
Senior Director, Public Affairs
Ohio Hospital Association
155 E Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43215