The Quality Assurance (QA) Manager leads the execution of QA best practices for all digital projects and is responsible for partnering with both digital and creative team members to ensure the best possible end user experience. This individual oversees the development and implementation of QA plans, ensuring system functionality operates as needed by agency clients.
- Serves as an advocate for quality for all digital projects and ensures the end user is considered through the entire project lifecycle.
- Manages testing of all digital projects, including but not limited to websites, landing pages, banner ads, emails and applications.
- Creates custom test plans based upon specific project needs and establishes QA testing criteria for all assignments.
- Researches DoubleClick capabilities and best practices in order to properly test banner ads and verify their functionality and compliance within vendor specifications.
- Partners with project stakeholders to ensure QA practices for banner ads align with established protocols for banner ad tracking.
- Works together with other department leads to ensure development and quality control practices align with marketing and communications needs, expectations and requirements for implementation.
- Addresses issues with digital projects as they develop and makes recommendations to ensure quality is maintained.
- Troubleshoots technical challenges and creatively designs test protocols to ensure the desired functionality is achieved.
- Provides documentation to clients outlining QA plans and how testing will influence digital projects.
- Researches best practices for digital quality, staying current as industry standards change.
- Spearheads research of industry standards such as Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG and Section 508), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), etc. to maintain compliance of testing best practices for specific project needs.
- Manages QC workload and identifies capacity issues. Works with project management leads to resource QC contractors as needed. Conducts onboarding, trains and manages contractor workload assignments and productivity.
- Monitors and adjusts QA/QC processes and procedures to ensure relevancy and effectiveness as technology evolves and client needs change.
- Other projects, as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience in a QA leadership role – agency experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to design and implement testing plans with minimal guidance or direction from others.
- An understanding of how QA practices impact marketing and communications efforts, including marketing automation and development of banner ads.
- Strong technical skills using DoubleClick, including testing documentation.
- Ability to provide meaningful feedback in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related fields, or related work experience.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume for this position here.
Please, no phone calls. Relocation assistance will not be provided.
Fahlgren Mortine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.