The Search Marketing Associate provides support to the search engine marketing team to ensure that all Pay-Per-Click (PPC) tasks are executed timely and accurately. In addition, this individual assists in the daily operations of client projects and reporting. This requires working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team to gather relevant inputs, answer key questions, develop search implications and provide input to digital marketing plans. The Search Marketing Associate also has a strong understanding of search engine algorithms, requirements, analysis tools and best practices, along with the ability to clearly communicate strategy and results.
- Works closely with internal teams to understand client needs and business objectives
- Stays abreast of ongoing search engine algorithm changes and understands how those changes affect existing search engine campaigns as well as future projects
- Able to clearly articulate paid search best practices to colleagues and to clients
- Strategizes and executes keyword identification research for search marketing campaigns and presents analyses and recommendations to team
- Works with content developers to create and edit website content and AdWords copy that is relevant and properly optimized
- Tracks campaign progress, performs bid management, generates status reports and identifies opportunities for improvement
- Supports return on investment by campaign, site or category, including identification of methods for measuring success
- Conducts website audits of both client and competitor sites
- Performs keyword research and analysis to support PPC programs
- Optimizes website and landing page elements: title tags, meta tags, headlines, alt attributes, and on-page content in accordance with SEO best practices
- Builds and optimizes PPC programs: campaigns, ad groups, keywords and ad copy development
- Monitors the progress of search engine marketing programs using various reporting tools
- Gathers data and metrics for program reporting
- Optimizes campaigns to ensure strong return on investment
- Researches and implements inbound linking and content marketing strategies
- Provides routine status reports to account team
- 1-3 years of experience in supporting and implementing successful search engine marketing campaigns
- Online advertising or digital agency background is a plus
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities with attention to detail
- Ability to organize and work across multiple projects with cross-discipline team members
- Strong oral, written and visual communication skills
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, AdWords
- Understanding of HTML, CSS and Internet usability principles
- Knowledge of social media and its impact on SEO
- Knowledge of industry trends and best practices in relation to SEO and PPC
- BS/BA in information systems, internet technologies, business, marketing or related field is required, or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Travel – up to 10%
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements for this position here: https://careers-fahlgrenmortine.icims.com/jobs/1311/search-marketing-associate/job
Please, no phone calls. Relocation will not be provided.
Fahlgren Mortine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.