The Senior Copywriter plays a critical role in our ongoing mission to create meaningful connections between brands and people. This is not merely about managing content; this is about using big ideas to tackle real-world marketing challenges. So, we’re looking for a conceptual thinker and creative problem-solver – who also happens to be a gifted writer. Someone capable of dreaming up an unconventional solution one day and translating it into smart, powerful copy the next. Someone with a passion for creative collaboration, and a book to prove it. If that sounds like you, we should talk.
- Reports to and supports a Creative Director to solve brand and client challenges of all shapes and sizes
- Works successfully with a creative partner, independently and in group brainstorming
- Sees work through from concept to completion
- Understands how to tie a creative concept to a strategic insight, and can clearly explain it
- Thinks visually, as well as verbally
- Works closely with marketing, media, creative and brand planning associates to ensure concepts aligns with identified objectives
- Develops effective concepts and inspired copy for print, video, digital and social campaigns, as well as for large-scale website projects and retail programs
- Stays current of industry insights, trends and culture in general
- Participates in client presentations
- 5-10 years of copywriting experience, preferably in an agency setting
- Portfolio that shows a variety of produced campaigns
- Proven mastery of working on a diverse client mix in various industries
- Strong writing skills with the ability to build and develop a client’s brand through the written word
- Organized, detail-oriented and has effective interpersonal communication skills
- Retail experience is a plus
- Strong presentation and persuasive skills, with the ability to present both internally and externally
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet tight deadlines
- BS/BA in Advertising, English, Communications, Creative Studies or related fields
To apply, please submit your portfolio, cover letter, resume and salary requirements for this position here.
Please, no phone calls. Relocation assistance will not be provided.
Fahlgren Mortine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.