Our Sr. Motion Designer must be exceptional working in After Effects, Cinema 4D & Maya, helping Creative Directors, Art Directors and Designers to realize a project’s fullest potential. Technical knowledge of hardware and software is a given along with an artistic sensibility. In addition to capabilities in animation, the Sr. Motion Designer must exhibit leadership qualities that enable successful collaboration and leadership with a team of junior and freelance animators.
Position Reports to: Technical Director (Motion Dept. Lead)
Primary Responsibility: Execute the creative. Understand the studio’s technical capabilities, 3D/2D Animation, Compositing & Roto Work, Match-moving & tracking, dynamic simulations. Collaborate with Creative & Production leads to accurately estimate project budgets and schedules. Lead brainstorm sessions, presenting your ideas to the team (both internal & client facing).
Secondary Responsibilities: Research, explore and communicate trends and techniques, attend client meetings, adhere to the studio’s standards (file naming conventions, compression settings, folder structure) while working in a pipeline with other artists, design style frames, animate motion tests.
• 7 to 10 years in motion graphic design, animation and compositing experience while working in a professional, client driven environment.
• Ability to work on multiple projects from concept through completion on your own or within a pipeline.
• Experience with After Effects, Cinema 4D & Maya a must.
• The ability to think strategically about creative concepts within budgetary and time sensitive parameters.
• Must be a passionate storyteller
• Thorough understanding of animation pipelines and how they relate to a full production studio (production and post-production).
• Knowledge of current design, edit and animation trends.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
• Working knowledge in programs such as: Cinema 4D, Maya, After Effects.
Spacejunk creates memorable animated and live action content in an engaging, design-forward manner for great brands and people. We are a tight-knit, collaborative team who enjoys working on interesting projects for high-visibility national brands. We like to work with peers, who think differently, are disciplined, focused, fun-loving, and willing to leave their egos at the door.