- 25-Sep-2018 to 31-Dec-2018 (EST)
- Grove City, OH, USA
- Full Time
- Benefits Eligible
JOB TITLE: Social Media CoordinatorSTATUS: Full Time, Non-ExemptREPORTS TO: Public Relations ManagerDIRECT REPORTS: N/A
SUMMARY: Position focuses on digital media presence by developing and deploying proactive communications strategies to educate and mobilize external audiences to support the Foodbank’s vision, mission and strategic priorities.
- Implement web-based and social media campaigns, promotions and messaging across all platforms.
- Support the content strategy and development plan for all social media platforms, in collaboration with the creative team.
- Maintain a social content calendar to identify current and upcoming posts for all areas and initiatives of the Foodbank.
- Create and schedule written and visual content for each social media platform.
- Oversee presence in social networking sites/platforms, seeds content into all social applications and keeps all posts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flipboard, blogs, etc.) fresh and daily.
- Prepare reports to update internal staff on usage statistics.
- Evaluate social media influence and impact of campaigns and messaging by applying Google Analytics and other measurement tools.
- Research and share broad-based digital consumer insights to influence overall communications strategy.
- Grow and manage social communities to engage social influencers who can drive awareness of the Foodbank and its work and stakeholder engagement and action.
- Stays current and up-to-date on web and social media market trends and supports strategies to incorporate innovation into the Foodbank’s digital work.
- Participates in special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Education and Certifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field preferred.
Experience: Experience in communications, public relations, digital marketing, social media and/or related marketing field. Experience in nonprofit a plus. In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Digg, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr, Flipboard, etc.) and how they can be deployed in diverse outreach efforts; and knowledge of blogging ecosystem relevant to nonprofits.
Skills/Competencies: Strong written and verbal communications, project management and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to recommend, persuade and influence ways to facilitate communications with diverse audiences and to improve communications flow, execution and deliverables both internally and externally. Must be able to represent the Foodbank with professionalism when interacting with Foodbank stakeholders – including clients, partner agencies, community corporate, civic and governmental partners, media, and staff.
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Travel is required. Must have reliable transportation.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to the principal and essential function of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some associates assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Click to Apply