A local client of ours is looking for a Technical Writer on a contract-to-hire basis. This person will be working on copy for technical products and also produce creative copy that engages with customers and communicates their expertise as a company in the industry.
- Primarily responsible for acquiring, reading and understanding technical information from a variety of resources to create written content that the customers can relate to.
- Write content in varying styles appropriate to website landing pages, press releases, blog posts, social media posts, ads etc.
- Work with marketing, customer support and technical support teams to develop innovative ways to reach target audiences.
- Establishing consistency across all writing platforms and making sure content meets uniformity requirements.
- Taking ownership of administrative tasks and ensuring transfer of content updates and edits to the web.
- Excellent writing skills with flexible styles.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Positive, self-directed work ethic.
- Ability to learn, understand and effectively communicate industry-related concepts, terms and dialect.
- SEO experience is required.
- Website maintenance and content management skills are important to success.
- CMS experience is a nice to have.
- Experience working on multiple social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter etc).
- Experience in construction materials testing is a plus but not required.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
Job Number: 8720
Job Term: Contract-to-Hire
Portfolio Creative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Portfolio Creative partners with corporations, retailers and large creative agencies to bring them exceptional creative talent. We are the nation’s fastest growing creative recruiting and staffing firm for marketing, design, advertising, retail, fashion, and digital roles. We recruit at every level, from junior to executive, for temporary and permanent positions.
To Apply: http://bit.ly/2utBfjQ