Our OhioHealth family of associates is a collaborative group that discovers and succeeds together. Our culture is defined by our mission and OhioHealth values of excellence, compassion, integrity and stewardship. What is it like to work at OhioHealth? WE have an unwavering commitment to put our patients at the center of everything we do, providing quality care and an exceptional patient experience. Through our many feedback channels, our associates tell us they are proud to work for OhioHealth, enjoy the people they work with, and feel valued as a part of our OhioHealth family.Join us!… if your passion is to work in a caring environment… if you believe that learning is a life-long process… if you strive for excellence and want to be among the best in the healthcare industry OhioHealth has been a FORTUNE 100 Best Company to work for since 2007. Being a Best Company is about our culture and how we engage one another. This recognition is one measure of our success in achieving a part of our vision — to be an organization “where people want to work.” Apply now and work together with us to improve the health of those we serve.
SUMMARY and PURPOSE OF POSITION
Want to be a part of changing healthcare? Want make it easier for customers to get the care they need? Want to help people in our community lead healthier lives? That’s what WE are all about. At OhioHealth, “Believe in WE” is more than just our tagline. It’s the philosophy that drives our collaborative approach to improving the health of those we serve…bringing together customers, care teams, and associates.
Our Digital team plays a central role in OhioHealth’s transformation to be more consumer-centric. Our Digital team is a blend of experts from Technology, Marketing, and Design who work together as one team to deliver exceptional user experiences. We’re in the middle of building a best-of-digital discipline in-house…and we need help. We’re looking for UX Strategist to help lead the way. Think you might have what it takes to be our UX Strategist? If you answer yes to 100% of the following questions, we should talk!
1. Are you motivated by our mission to change healthcare and make our community healthier?
2. Do you have a passion for understanding the customer to inspire innovative digital experiences?
3. Do you go deep in experience research and understanding of user centered design principles?
4. Are you an amazing collaborator whose happy place is working on cross functional teams?
5. Do you get all goose-bumpy when you hear executives talk about how they’re committed to investing in Design Thinking, Agile, R&D, and their team? You said yes 5 times? Great!
Here’s the scope of the role:If we had to boil this role to one sentence it would be this: we are looking for a UX expert who can drive the empathy, define and ideate portion of design thinking, and who always represents the voice of customer. In this role, you’ll collaborate with a cross-functional team to uncover customer insights that fuel outstanding digital experiences. You’ll have experience with a variety research methods and a proven track record for uncovering actionable insights. You are a strong and vocal user advocate with excellent communication skills.
- Develop a strong understanding of our customers, business objectives and company mission
- Be the voice of the customer – always!
- Partner with product owner, customer insights, design, and development to design, plan, and execute a variety of research activities to uncover customer needs that result in actionable recommendations.
- Work with stakeholders to influence product feature decisions and integrate rich consumer insights into experiences
- Own the empathy, define and ideate portion of design thinking
- Lead customer quantitative and qualitative research to inform experience design
- Design user journeys to drive desired KPIs- Encourage progressive thinking push boundaries
- Write use cases for digital experiences
- Provide Information architecture planning for digital properties
- Coordinate usability and user testing and report on results
- Develop and champion best practices in UX
- 5-7 years of experience with UX strategy
- Education: Four-year degree in Human Factors/Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive or Experimental/Social Psychology, Cognitive Science, Sociology, Marketing or related field
- Passion for the consumer and a strong advocate for their needs
- Strong command of a variety of qualitative research methods and user-experience principles
- Strong experience with design research, design thinking, and ideation methods
- Demonstrated skill in moderating and facilitating individual and/or group interviews
- Past work/case studies that illustrate a drive towards customer understanding and actionable design direction
- Clear communication, problem-solving, facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to solve problems
- Experience with agile design and development is a plus
OhioHealth is an equal opportunity employer and fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. OhioHealth does not discriminate against associates or applicants because of race, color, genetic information, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, military status, pregnancy, disability, marital status, familial status, or other characteristics protected by law. Equal employment opportunity is extended to all persons in all aspects of the associate-employer relationship including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, discipline, reduction in staff, termination, assignment of benefits, and any other term or condition of employment.