USER EXPERIENCE (UX) DESIGNER
At OhioHealth, “Believe in WE” is more than just our tagline. It’s the philosophy that drives our collaborative approach to improving the health of those we serve…bringing together customers, care teams, and associates. Our marketing team plays a central role in OhioHealth’s transformation to be more consumer-centric.
Think you might have what it takes to be our UX Designer? If you answer yes to 100% of the following questions, we should talk!
- Are you motivated by our mission to change healthcare and make our community healthier?
- Do you have a passion creating user-centered digital experiences?
- Do you constantly challenge yourself to know more about what’s happening in digital and how it impacts customers?
- Are you an amazing collaborator whose happy place is working on cross functional teams?
- Do you get all goose-bumpy when you hear executives talk about how they’re committed to investing in Design Thinking, Agile, R&D, and their team?
You said yes 5 times? Great! Here’s the scope of the role:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead design of wireframes, concepts, assets, hi-fidelity prototypes and clean / elegant UI design for OhioHealth digital properties (website, app, etc.) in a fast-paced, iterative and Agile environment
- Collaborate with UX Strategist on designing for the user experience (owning design and visual translation of personas, journey mapping, conceptual visuals, etc.)
- Strong understanding of information architecture, usability, and overall user interface best-practices
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure effective hand-off and correct implementation of approved design and layouts (and understanding of constraints of HTML in producing responsive designs)
- Actively participate in user research activities to enable better user outcomes
- Keeping current with the latest design trends and tools
- 5+ years demonstrated experience with website / app design (iOS / Android, responsive, custom apps, etc.)
- Education and/or experience in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent
- Advanced proficiency with Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, Motion, AfterEffects
- Exceptional visual design skills to create impactful and easy to use interfaces and flows
- Strong knowledge of user experience design processes and methodologies to create prototypes, interactive mock-ups, design guidelines, specs (familiarity with personas, journey maps, story maps, user stories, etc.)
- Strong digital portfolio with examples of website, application and product design
- Experience with Design Thinking and Agile
- Strong interest in current digital trends and best practices (e.g. IoT, Emerging Tech, Blockchain, etc.)
- Success in presenting design concepts and direction with end-users, customers, product managers, and developers
- Proficiency in wireframing tools, interactive prototypes, Zeplin and animations are a plus
- Experience with building experiences on Episerver or other .net platform is a plus