Orange Barrel Media is looking for a versatile and energetic writer with both technical and creative writing skills. This is an opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects, including digital and social media content, PR, advertising concepts, sales and marketing materials, and detailed RFP responses. As an integral part of our creative department, you will work closely with other team members and become the voice of the Orange Barrel brand. A writer will find success in this position if they thrive in a fast-paced environment and can successfully juggle multiple projects at once. Flexibility is a must as our culture drives collaboration and values an enthusiastic “can do” attitude. Join our team and rapidly growing business. The possibilities here are endless.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop a calendar and content to support OBM’s digital strategy and channel plan across owned digital assets (.com, Facebook, Twitter etc.)
- Engage and respond to earned media in the digital space
- Design advertisements that showcase our walls and digital signage as some of the best in the country
- Partner with designers to create and maintain marketing materials and presentations that are consistent with the Orange Barrel brand
- Write PR releases and strategic “hooks” to generate coverage and impressions
- Respond to City and private Requests for Proposals (RFPs) that require a detailed knowledge of our company, products and services
- Skilled at both technical and creative writing
- Writes in a way that delivers on specific requirements but stands apart
- Excellent attention-to-detail and ability to organize information with and without parameters
- Responsive and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to partner effectively across departments
- Demonstrates thinking beyond the “ask” to offer thoughtful solutions with purpose
- Prioritizes to meet deadlines without compromising the quality of the work
- Can effectively present and sell ideas
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Rolls with the punches, flexible, and jumps into unique creative problems with an open mind
- 4-year college degree
- At least four years of experience as a writer in a marketing and/or architecture environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
ABOUT ORANGE BARREL MEDIA
Orange Barrel Media is a leader in unique outdoor media that adds to the character of urban places. Since our inception in 2004, we have been creating value for our clients and the public by providing advertisers with creative mediums and using technology to enhance our offerings. We work closely with real estate groups and municipal governments to permit and develop advertising properties that the public finds attractive and exciting, and we have grown our business from large format displays and wallscapes to digital spectaculars and interactive kiosks. Integral to our success is the high value we place on the quality and aesthetics of our work, and our belief that our best-in-class team sets us apart from the competition. Our culture is defined by our people. We are a group of driven, creative, collaborative ideators and doers motivated by bringing possibilities to life.
To apply, please send your resume and a link to your work to firstname.lastname@example.org and use “Writer” as your email’s subject line.