About The Columbus Foundation: One of the top 10 largest community foundations in the country, The Columbus Foundation works to strengthen and improve our community through the most effective philanthropy possible. For 75 years, The Columbus Foundation has been a partner and advisor to our donors and nonprofit community in order to improve our region’s collective wellbeing.
Position: Digital Marketing Manager
Department description: The Communications and Marketing team is responsible for upholding and furthering the Foundation’s brand and business goals through digital and print communications, public and media relations, brand strategy, advertising, and event support.
Position description: The Communications and Marketing department is seeking a digital marketer to lead and grow email marketing and cross-channel analytics.
The Digital Marketing Manager will act as the primary email marketer for the organization, creating and executing day-to-day email campaigns as well as developing sophisticated strategies for special initiatives and events. This individual will partner with colleagues in the department and across the organization to ensure audience segmentation, messaging, and timing align with and support campaign goals.
The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for developing campaign measurement plans that align to departmental goals, and for reporting results that include recommendations on optimization and improvement. This person will possess an astute analytical mindset and strategic sensibility in order to bring a holistic approach to measuring comprehensive content performance across channels.
- Builds, tests, executes, measures, and optimizes email marketing campaigns
- Expands email program to meet organizational objectives
- Works across departments to identify, develop, and implement improvements to email marketing processes
Digital Marketing Strategy and Analysis
- Works with department colleagues to develop channel strategy and performance goals
- Leads planning for measurement, evaluation, and reporting plans for campaigns
- Bridges channel analysis to provide holistic understanding of content performance across an array of awareness, engagement, and conversion metrics.
- Provides weekly updates, as well as monthly and quarterly reports on KPIs and channel performance
- Develops expert understanding of customer database and surrounding processes, including list development, audience segmentation, tagging, and hierarchy
- Acts as department lead on research, demos, and requirements testing for CRM tool selection
- Identifies opportunities for marketing automation that support organizational objectives
- Works with external partners to develop strategies and help implement tactics for Google Grants and SEO
- Represents Communications and Marketing team in cross-departmental work groups
- Monitors evolving digital trends and identifies opportunities to leverage trends to enhance brand relevancy and reputation
Skills and experience:
- 5+ years of experience in marketing/communications roles; 3+ years in digital and/or email marketing
- Strong understanding of, and experience working in, Google Analytics
- Ability to derive insights from data to see bigger picture opportunities and develop strategies and tactics accordingly
- Ability to create visually compelling data reports, experience using Google Data Studio and Power BI a plus
- Ability to prioritize and track multiple projects and timelines concurrently
- Proactive and open communication style, with comfort working in cross-functional teams
- Professional and courteous demeanor
To apply, send letter of interest, including salary requirements, as well as resume to Pam Straker, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com by Friday, November 8.
The mission of The Columbus Foundation is to assist donors and others in strengthening and improving the community for the benefit of all its residents. The Columbus Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Learn more about this opportunity.