Mount Vernon Nazarene University (MVNU) is an intentionally Christian teaching university for traditional age students, graduate students, and working adults who seek opportunities to learn and grow in an academic community of faith. The University provides the context for a transformational experience through excellent academics, service opportunities, caring relationships, and a nurturing spiritual and social environment. Faculty, staff, and students are challenged to achieve their highest potential, to become increasingly Christ-like and to make a difference in their world through lifelong service.
The University seeks a full-time/administrative, 12-month, Assistant Vice President for Marketing. The position is available upon appointment of a successful candidate, with a preferred start date by 7/1/2021. The Assistant Vice President for Marketing reports to the Vice President for University Relations. A full complement of benefits is provided, including a health care plan, retirement contributions, and tuition assistance, each subject to associated waiting periods. The candidate will also receive generous holidays, and vacation and sick days earned on an accrual basis.
- Be the primary advocate and guardian for the MVNU brand, articulating its distinctives to external and internal audiences, across all communication channels
- Apply analytics, consumer-centric research, and creative thinking in order to make strategic decisions
- Build marketing best practices and encourage innovation across units, while serving as a thought leader and strategic partner for traditional admissions marketing
- Engage regularly and collaborate with key stakeholders across the University as a strategic partner to advance top institutional priorities and generate measurable results, including revenue
- Build and strengthen relationships with the denomination, church leaders, marketing partners, and vendors
- Lead and build a strong marketing and communications team, providing the inspirational leadership necessary to develop, mentor, and motivate a high performing team
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by an individual assigned to this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of the position.
- Evangelical Christian confession of faith, experience, and mission fit
- An understanding of Christian higher education combined with the ability to articulate the mission and vision of Mount Vernon Nazarene University and value of its education within the broader higher education context
- Bachelor’s degree required. Prior experience in higher education marketing is desirable but not required
- Experience in marketing or related field is preferred with at least three years of leadership in strategic marketing
- Possess demonstrated experience in strategic planning, tactical implementation and successful project management
- Demonstrated experience in integrated marketing with significant experience in advertising, communication plans, digital marketing, and CRM
- Demonstrated creative and conceptual thinker
- Disciplined approach to data-driven decision-making
- Strong administrative and communication skills
- Ability to attract, build and supervise a high-quality, results-oriented team
- Extensive knowledge and experience in higher education market research, development and growth preferred
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
To be considered for this position, please email a letter of interest, resume/vitae and at least four (4) references to MVNU Human Resources at email@example.com, and complete the application, found at: http://mvnu.edu/jobs/application. Applicants submitting materials via email should attach either a Microsoft Word or .PDF File. Alternatively, materials may be mailed to:
Mount Vernon Nazarene University Human Resources 800 Martinsburg Road Mount Vernon, OH 43050
Professional and personal references are required, consistent with the responsibilities associated with this position. A background check will be performed prior to appointment. Mount Vernon Nazarene University does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or military service in administering its employment policies and practices. As a religious educational institution under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs/practices in making employment decisions and does so to achieve its mission. The University requires as a condition of employment that all employees subscribe to standards of the Church of the Nazarene and conduct their lives in accordance therewith.