- Full-Time, up to 40 hours a week
- Hybrid work from home (2 days) and in office (3 days)
As Associate Graphic Designer at Experience Columbus and the Greater Columbus Sports Commission, you will work closely with the Senior Graphic Designer on a variety of design projects to support the marketing efforts targeting leisure tourism, convention groups and sporting events in Columbus. We’re looking for someone who not only brings fresh, creative ideas to the conversation, but also has a high attention to detail and organization while adhering to deadlines. This position gives you the opportunity to create excitement around our vibrant city and bring to life the forward-thinking brand that reflects it.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and assist the Senior Graphic Designer with the execution and production of design requests that adhere to brand standards
- Utilize Canva to support design efforts for the social media team
- Leverage brand templates to execute digital, print and PowerPoint needs
- Track and adhere to deadlines and communicate about design projects in Wrike, our project management tool
- Assist the marketing team with media library maintenance and asset sourcing
- Bring new ideas and inspiration to the marketing team
- Ability to take a project from conception through execution
- Willingness to tackle both conceptual projects and production design tasks
- Photography/video/animation skills are a plus
- Experience with the printing process and illustration skills are a plus
- Attend Experience Columbus and Sports Commission functions when able and necessary
What we’re looking for in a highly qualified candidate:
- 4 years of design-related education (B.F.A. in Graphic Design or Visual Communications is preferred)
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat PDF, Creative Cloud Libraries)
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of key design principles and excellent execution skills with layout, typography, alignment and color.
- Experience with client-related work, such as an internship, is preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Word and Excel; Experience designing within these programs is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to present design concepts and executions
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, and problem solve
- Strong organizational and time management skills; high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to collaborate actively as part of a multidisciplinary team and to adapt and learn quickly
- Very comfortable receiving/giving productive, constructive feedback in a supportive environment; ability to take direction from design leadership and apply feedback
- Marketing knowledge is a plus
- Must reside in the Greater Columbus area
- Creative minds and a passion for Columbus!
- Submission of a digital portfolio/PDF with examples of work is required
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Experience Columbus reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Experience Columbus or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.