JOB DESCRIPTION: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Spacejunk, a Columbus-based creative studio, is searching for a Business Development Manager. This is an opportunity to be an integral part of a talented creative team working in the digital content development space. Our ideal candidate is responsible for bringing new client relationships into Spacejunk, helping expand our visibility through direct client opportunities and ultimately driving sales.
This person is responsible for qualifying leads and prospecting through existing business accounts to engage with prospective clients. On a daily basis, you will be making cold calls, sending emails, and leading high-level discovery calls with prospects.
This person does not need to be responsible for closing business deals initially.
Position Reports to: Mike Blosel Managing Partner
- Must be passionate about relationship building and sales
- 5-7 years working in client services/sales position in relative industry
- Studio/Agency experience preferred but not required
- Experience leading (and winning) relationship-level new business
- Desire for growing knowledge of industry and associated trends
- Ability to evaluate and create sales strategy and sales processes
- Ambitious self-starter that is highly organized with a passion for collaboration
- Develop biz dev strategies, process and pipeline to ensure that sales goals are met
- Identify new direct customer sales leads and contacts
- Maintain strong relationships with existing clients
- Research the needs of both target and current customers
- Plan and oversee Biz Dev marketing/sales tools and initiatives
- Engage and prep SJ’s Head of Production & Creative Director on all client meetings & pitches
- Must have reliable transport and be willing to travel
Spacejunk creates memorable animated and live-action content in an engaging, design-forward manner for great brands and people. We are a tight-knit, collaborative team that enjoys working on interesting projects for high-visibility national brands. We like to work with peers who think differently, are disciplined, focused, fun-loving, and willing to leave their egos at the door.