The Communications Specialist develops and implements communications to build brand awareness and thought leadership for Battelle for Kids and our offerings for current/prospective clients, partners and funders. Additionally, the Communications Specialist develops and delivers strategic communication support to client efforts aligned to our mission of making 21st century learning a reality for every student. The Communications Specialist collaborates with cross-department project teams in a fast-paced, innovative work environment.
To apply: https://www.indeed.com/job/communications-specialist-d7e9b868ea887020
- Implement organizational communications plans including the development of key messaging, campaigns, print, digital, video, social media, mass email, newsletters, and other publications, as applicable/assigned.
- Identify targeted audiences and create strategies to effectively engage them.
- Support the creation, branding, and marketing of our offerings and events, as applicable/assigned.
- Provide clients with strategic communications services, as applicable/assigned.
- Ensure that BFK brand standards are consistent through all produced materials.
- Collaborate with graphic designers and project teams to produce materials, as necessary.
- Provide message development and copyediting to help develop client tools and supports, including online learning courses, ensuring that all brand standards are upheld.
- Write creative briefs and scripts, to support the development of videos, animations, and other visual communications tools to build understanding and engagement around various 21st century learning resources for clients.
- Leverage data analytics and related reports to determine effectiveness and seek continuous improvements of communications initiatives.
- Assume responsibility for professional growth and development, keeping current with education research, trends and communications techniques and technology tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimal travel is expected (less than 10%).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Strong written and oral communication skills. Adept in integrated marketing and communications planning and implementation. Understanding of copywriting, graphic design, layout and publishing. Meticulous attention to detail in copywriting and editing. Knowledge and proficiency of communications technologies. Organized and self-directed. Committed to ensuring the highest quality implementation on time and on budget. Adaptable, analytical, creative and skilled problem solver. Exceptional relationship builder, collaborator and communicator with colleagues, clients, stakeholders, and partners. Knowledge and understanding of current trends and issues in strategic communications, marketing, education, and business. Adept with use of various platforms to support implementation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field is required (Master’s degree preferred). Minimum of 3 years of communications experience or related experience is required. Experience in the education sector and familiarity with the field of 21st century education strongly preferred. Experience in agency, consulting, digital/collaboration platform user experience or professional learning preferred. Proficient in MicroSoft Office Suite required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added or this description amended at any time.