SRI Ohio Inc. Lancaster, Ohio
Title: Computer Graphic Specialist / Production Artist (pre-press)
Reports to: Manager – Product Development
Salary: Competitive wage to be based on relevant experience.
Type: Full time day shift
SRI is a renowned company in bottle and container decoration with over 40 year’s existence. On a daily basis we deal with World Size Company and brands of the wine & liquor industry as well as major beer names and with micro breweries and distilleries. We are proud to work with some of the most innovative and prolific design houses and brand management groups in the industry. At SRI we love what we do and we are hoping to find someone to share this passion of innovative packaging solutions.
- Minimum 5 years experience in computer graphic
- Relevant computer graphic degree or training
- Experience in packaging printing is an asset
- Mastering Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop
- Familiarity with Harlequin or other RIP software, Adobe In Design, Corel, MS Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Must have good color vision
- Experience in film and/or plate making
- Experience in screen making is an asset
- Determines prepress requirements on customer submitted files by studying design, bottle specifications and press capabilities
- Prepares digital image proofs
- Evaluate ink consumption with software and prepare bill of material
- Establish and prepare color separation on digital artwork for film making
- Operates film outputting equipments
- Inspect; identify; and position films for screen making
- Maintains digital prepress files on archive server
- Maintains prepress files by filing and retrieving production image specifications
- Gather, consolidate and organize print project information
- Communicate efficiently with account managers to understand key aspect of project, discuss feasibility and time lines.
- Work with various department to establish feasibility. (R&D, Production, QA, Maintenance)
- Help to establish project timeline
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments