About The Columbus Foundation: One of the top 10 largest community foundations in the country, The Columbus Foundation works to strengthen and improve our community through the most effective philanthropy possible. For 75 years, The Columbus Foundation has been a partner and advisor to our donors and nonprofit community in order to improve our region’s collective wellbeing.
Position: Content and Engagement Manager
Department Description: The Communications and Marketing team is responsible for upholding and furthering the Foundation’s brand and business goals through digital and print communications, public and media relations, brand strategy, advertising, and event support.
Position Description: The Communications and Marketing department is seeking a brand-savvy marketing and communications professional to help develop and execute comprehensive content and engagement strategies that increase awareness of, and affinity for, the Foundation.
As part of a close-knit, collaborative team, the Content and Engagement Manager will plan, produce and distribute high quality content across traditional and digital channels, including social, web, print, and email.
This position will ensure a positive and cohesive brand experience by thinking holistically about content creation and distribution and by bringing a consistent, audience-centric lens to their work. As the social community manager, this position will be our frontline brand ambassador and provide our online community with the same high-touch experience our audiences receive in person.
This position leads the development and management of content on the Foundation’s website by working within a CMS to determine layout, produce copy, and edit pages. This person will bring a sharp UX/UI lens to the work and be familiar with best practices in SEO copywriting. They will write succinctly and with clarity to tell the stories of the Foundation, its donors, and its community partners. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong understanding of audience analysis and the ability to tailor messages accordingly.
- Assist in the development and execution of a comprehensive, cross-channel content strategy
- Work within a collaborative team to develop messaging, creative, distribution, and measurement plans for content
- Articulate key messages by audience, ensuring content aligns with brand and supports goals of department
- Lead planning, development, and execution of social media calendar
- Package and distribute engaging content across marketing channels, including website, social, blog, email, advertising, and special initiatives
- Working within CMS, design and edit website content
- Ensure the Foundation is represented in a positive light by acting as community manager and brand steward on social platforms, monitoring and responding to audience comments and messages in a timely and appropriate manner
Content Governance and Maintenance
- Make weekly updates on website to copy and links
- Work with other departments to ensure web content requests align to brand standards and content strategy
- Perform routine audits of webpages to ensure accuracy of content and functionality of links
- Ensure content on external partner sites is up to date, accurate, and consistent with current Foundation brand language
- Represent Communications and Marketing team in cross-departmental work groups
- Monitor evolving digital trends and identify opportunities to leverage trends to enhance brand relevancy and reputation
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in a marketing/communications setting
- 3+ years in social community management
- Outstanding writing, editing, and proofreading skills with experience capturing and translating a brand’s voice for multiple audiences
- Demonstrated ability to understand organizational goals and develop strategies, distribution plans, and content to meet those goals
- Experience working in a CMS, Umbraco preferred
- HTML competency a plus
- Strong experience using social listening tools
- Ability to use insights from analytics to optimize content
- Ability to prioritize and track multiple projects and timelines concurrently
- Proactive and open communication style
- Professional and courteous demeanor
To apply, send resume, letter of interest with salary requirements, and writing samples to Pam Straker, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com no later than Monday, October 28.
The mission of The Columbus Foundation is to assist donors and others in strengthening and improving the community for the benefit of all its residents. The Columbus Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Learn more.