About The Columbus Foundation: One of the top 10 largest community foundations in the country, The Columbus Foundation works to strengthen and improve our community through the most effective philanthropy possible. For 75 years, The Columbus Foundation has been a partner and advisor to our donors and nonprofit community in order to improve our region’s collective wellbeing.
Position: Content Specialist
Department description: The Communications and Marketing team is responsible for upholding and furthering the Foundation’s brand and business goals through digital and print communications, public and media relations, brand strategy, advertising, and event support.
Position description: The Communications and Marketing department is seeking a brand-savvy, articulate communications professional to craft compelling content across channels, ranging from print to web to email. The Content Specialist will be an excellent writer with experience capturing a brand’s voice, translating that voice for multiple audiences, and delivering the messages through various platforms.
Reporting to the Director of Communications and Marketing, the Content Specialist leads the development and management of content for the Foundation’s website, including working within a CMS to design and edit pages. This person will bring a sharp UX/UI lens to the work and be familiar with best practices in SEO copywriting. They will write succinctly and with clarity to tell the stories of the Foundation, its donors, and its community partners. They will also be able to translate complex concepts into copy that is broadly understood. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong understanding of audience analysis and the ability to tailor messages accordingly.
- Assist in the development and execution of an effective and efficient multi-channel content strategy for the Foundation brand
- Work with the Director of Marketing to source story ideas, coordinate interviews and creative photo shoots, produce copy, and manage publication schedules for signature print publications
- Create engaging content for digital channels, including website, blog, email, advertising, and special initiatives
- Generate ideas for, and help with implementation of, multimedia storytelling across all channels
- Design and edit content on website, using CMS
- Make weekly updates on website to copy and links
- Perform routine audits of webpages to ensure accuracy of content and functionality of links
- Ensure content on external partner sites is up to date, accurate, and consistent with current Foundation brand language
- Re-size photo images for uses across channels
- Engage with external vendors and manage relationships as needed
- Represent Communications and Marketing team in cross-departmental work groups
- Coordinate brand management materials and guidelines
Skills and experience:
- 3+ years of experience in a marketing/communications setting
- Outstanding writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Experience working in a CMS, Umbraco preferred
- HTML competency a plus
- Experience tracking content performance using Google Analytics
- Ability to prioritize and track multiple projects and timelines concurrently
- Proactive and open communication style
- Comfortable contacting and working with external vendors
- Professional and courteous demeanor
View the position: https://columbusfoundation.org/about-us/career-opportunities
To apply, send letter of interest, including salary requirements, resume, and writing samples no later than September 30 to Pam Straker, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com.
The mission of The Columbus Foundation is to assist donors and others in strengthening and improving the community for the benefit of all its residents. The Columbus Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.