- Using a combination of initiative, creative skills and strategic thinking, the Content Strategist leads content efforts for the Ohio Technology Consortium (OH-TECH) and its member organizations: the Ohio Academic Resources Network (OARnet), the Ohio Library Information Network (OhioLINK) and the Ohio Supercomputer Center (OSC).
- The Content Strategist facilitates the production of informative, engaging and persuasive content across all parts of the OH-TECH organization, writing for both expert and lay audiences, routinely translating complex technological concepts into simple terms.
- The Content Strategist owns the OH-TECH content calendar, leads the content planning process and both coordinates and contributes to content production. This includes writing, editing and publishing news releases, feature stories, speeches, newsletters, social media content and other informative and promotional material following OH-TECH communications standards, terminology and style.
- The Content Strategist collaborates with other members of the OH-TECH communications team to ensure deadlines are met.
- The Content Strategist also serves as the lead web content manager, chairing content review processes and working with the verticals (OARnet, OhioLINK and OSC) to proactively monitor and update their websites.
- In the absence of the Communications Manager, the Content Strategist may be asked to stand in as the spokesperson for the consortium. This position requires occasional travel, primarily in-state, occasionally out-of-state.
Minimum Education Required
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or combination of education and experience.
- Three or more years writing for print and digital media for multiple audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to produce engaging content on deadline and leverage across multiple media types.
- Work experience in developing communications and marketing plans and managing complex projects.
- Ability to shift quickly between independent production and collaborative work.
- Impeccable organization and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal communication skills.
- Basic understanding of computers and internet technology and willingness to learn more.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external audiences.
- Must be flexible in the face of uncertainty and rapid change.
- Experience using common productivity tools including Office 365 (primarily Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Experience using web content management systems (such as Drupal) to manage and create content.
- Familiarity with Associated Press (AP) style.
- Experience managing a content or editorial calendar.
- Communications experience in a technology and/or academic environment, including audiences such as university faculty and administration, government agencies, library staff and industry professionals.
- Experience creating and executing marketing plans and writing marketing copy.
- Experience working with the Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically InDesign, Photoshop and Dreamweaver.
- Experience using Google Analytics or another web analytics platform to generate insight.
- Experience in photography is a bonus.
Governed by the Chancellor of the Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE), the Ohio Technology Consortium (OH-TECH) serves as the technology and information division of ODHE. The consortium comprises a suite of widely respected member organizations collectively unsurpassed in any other state: the Ohio Supercomputer (OSC), OARnet and OhioLINK. OH-TECH conducts business under the administrative supervision of The Ohio State University.
Monday, Feb. 12, 2021