The objective of the content/SEO strategist is to maximize performance of various content types throughout earned, owned, paid and shared channels. The successful individual in this role will collaborate closely with agency account teams to develop content strategies aligned with client objectives and informed by an understanding of target audience(s).
- Conducts content audits (qualitative analyses of all content on a network of sites and social media accounts) as well as gap analyses
- Conducts keyword and SEO research to understand behaviors of target audiences
- Creates SEO writing guides to use as reference
- Reviews content before publication for alignment with SEO objectives
- Develops processes and manages tracking code generation (UTM)
- Creates content guides, taxonomies, metadata frameworks and migration plans
- Collaborates with agency account teams to develop and optimize content and link-building plans
- Assists with the technical integration of content
- Monitors and reviews web traffic and engagement (e.g. conversions and bounce rates)
- Coordinates with integrated agency team to inform success metrics
- Follows industry-related news, generates ideas around trending topics, and identifies and utilizes best-in-class tools to achieve objectives
Skills and Traits
- High-level thinkers who have a penchant for keeping track of details are ideal candidates. Content strategists must be standout idea generators and problem solvers with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- These strategy experts must have the analytical abilities necessary to gather key business and user insights, and apply their strategic planning skills to create a long-term content vision. Project management experience will help the content strategist keep projects on track and within budget.
- Other desirable traits include the ability to compellingly communicate a brand story, and a design sensibility to envision how content will be presented or distributed in formats other than text-based articles, such as infographics or multimedia presentations.
- A firm understanding of user experience and strong search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) skills are essential.
- A firm grasp of data analysis and various performance metrics/tools
- Strong presentation skills combined with the ability to inform and educate clients regarding principles and best practices of strong content/SEO strategy
- Proven work experience as a SEO, Content Strategist, Content Manager or similar role
- A portfolio of successful case studies/work examples
- Experience in project management is a plus
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems, like WordPress, Kentico, Drupal, Sitecore, etc.
- Basic understanding of HTML and web publishing
- Expert with SEO guidelines and keyword research tools (e.g. Moz, SEMrush and Google Keyword Planner)
- Experience using social media for business
- Solid writing and editing skills in English
- Time-management skills
- Ability to guide and motivate team members
- Between five to seven years of experience working in an agency setting and/or experience preferably in industrial or technology industries
- Demonstrated experience helping to develop integrated marketing and communications campaigns
- Must have strong analytical and strategic skills
- Adept at learning about new industries quickly and applying knowledge to recommendations
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience managing multiple projects and prioritizing; demonstrates a sense of urgency in responding to client questions and requests
- Ability to manage conflicts and difficult situations
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- S. in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related fields
- Ability to travel, which is estimated to be around 10% of a full schedule
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements for this position here: https://careers-fahlgrenmortine.icims.com/jobs/1436/content-seo-strategist/job
Please, no phone calls. Relocation assistance will not be provided.
Fahlgren Mortine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.