We are looking for a talented director to join our team and lead our design efforts. This individual will manage an exciting book of work and a diverse network of creatives to carry out our mission: creating digital experiences that drive tremendous value for our clients.
As part of a small team, each new member is transformational to our organization. The ideal candidate will excitedly embrace a fast-paced, moldable team culture.
Role & Responsibilities
As the creative director, you work closely with our designers, developers, and content creators to create products that empower individuals, organizations, and communities. You are extremely creative and organized, and you possess stellar communication skills.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Establish and implement organization-wide design processes.
- Work with the design team to produce new ideas for products, brands, and digital content.
- Craft consistent branding and design language for our client platforms.
- Direct creative workshops with clients to determine design direction of websites, platforms, and other digital content.
- Review designs for quality, completeness, and accuracy.
- Balance a mixed workload: 70% managing deliverables, 30% executing deliverables.
- Manage the design team’s daily workflow and assign project workload.
- Advocate for and meet project budgets and deadlines.
- A minimum of 3 years of product or creative leadership.
- Experience working in an Agency environment.
- A portfolio of stunning UX, UI, and brand projects.
- An exemplary understanding of current UI, UX, and brand methodologies.
- Exceptional communication and management skills.
- An understanding of modern web and app technologies.
- Mastery in Sketch and/or Figma
- This role has a $60,000 base salary with tremendous upward potential as our agency grows.
- We offer flexible hours and time off. See our Careers page for all benefits & perks.
About Chek Creative
We started as a one-person studio in 2016. With word spreading throughout Columbus and the United States, Chek Creative has grown into a small community while maintaining its original energetic style. We build feature-rich web and mobile applications that drive significant business value for their stakeholders while maintaining and growing a portfolio of small business WordPress websites and blogs. We differentiate ourselves through a sustained focus on quality solutions in the face of both technical and market-related obstacles.
Must be located in the US. While currently 100% remote, our company is based in Columbus, Ohio. Applicants must be willing to travel to Columbus semi-annually.
- Competitive compensation.
- 401(k) matching.
- Flexible paid time off.
- Distributed remote work with flexible work hours.
- Annual continuing education budget.
- Fitness and wellness reimbursement.
- Monthly team lunches.
- Twice a year, we celebrate our team’s successes and plan for the future with an all-hands meeting in Columbus, Ohio.
While we do not currently offer group health insurance, we are committed to meeting employee needs as we grow and plan to offer this benefit soon.
Thank you for your interest in this position! Please send your qualifications and availability to email@example.com.