The Designer is directly responsible for the quality, creativity, and delivery of print and digital marketing projects. Often working under tight deadlines while overseeing multiple projects, this individual must be highly skilled at time management and prioritization, while simultaneously maintaining an acute attention to detail.
Job Responsibilities (responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following)
- Interpret business needs and concepts and turn them into compelling marketing pieces
- Design and execute innovative print and digital marketing collateral for internal and external use
- Prepare print-ready production files
- Combine creativity, functionality, and technology to produce eye-catching and informative content
- Ensure a consistent brand voice and aesthetic across all marketing channels and materials
- Manage, maintain, and refine brand guidelines and assets
- Act as a project manager on various projects; interact and coordinate with partners and vendors on behalf of the department and company
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas with team members and partners
- Stay up-to-date with new technologies and design trends
- Promote a culture of innovation and teamwork
- Perform other duties as assigned
Performance Objectives (objectives may include but are not limited to the following)
- The 7 Core Values that Crawford Hoying has established to maintain its desired culture
- Effective communication response time and professionalism
- Strong ownership and accountability
- Confident face-forward interaction and engagement with other departments, customers, clients, partners, and the public
- Deep willingness to take on projects and learn a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience
- 3-5 years of graphic and production design experience
- Strong skills in graphic and production design, more specifically, typography, templatization, and visual communication
- Expert knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
- Preferred expertise in AutoCAD and/or SketchUp software
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting, including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications
- Excellent interpersonal skills to clearly and effectively communicate the creative vision, concepts, ideas, and solutions to stakeholders, internal teams, and clients
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving, and multitasking skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree in design or a related field
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Candidates for this position are strongly encouraged to submit a design portfolio and/or examples of recent work product.
The Designer works at the corporate office and regularly interfaces with external and internal stakeholders, residents, and vendors. Work hours are typically 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, subject to the needs of the department. The person in this position must be available to work additional hours as needed.
The Designer reports to the Executive Vice President of Marketing and Communications. The Assistant Vice President of Marketing will provide project assignments and additional guidance to the Designer.
The candidate’s physical condition must be sufficient for the consistent and successful completion of the responsibilities defined for this position and for conformance with all professional standards defined for this position. This position frequently requires standing, walking, sitting, and reaching with hands and arms. It may require lifting up to twenty-five pounds. This employee must be able to drive during the course of work.