Digital and Print Designer / Content Creator: Northstar Cafe, Brassica, Third & Hollywood
Long-term contract, 5 to 15 hours per week
Northstar Cafe and its sister brands Brassica and Third & Hollywood are looking for a part-time, long-term contract Digital and Print designer to join our support team. The ideal candidate will be incredibly organized, able to track projects and their deadlines, highly skilled in InDesign, use typography style sheets and eager to dive into our brands and elevate them.
Your primary responsibility will be supporting our Culinary Director and printing partners through our quarterly menu changes with meticulous menu work: formatting, copy-editing and proofreading. Outside of this quarterly work, other projects may include developing advertising collateral (print and digital), designing signage (interior and exterior), website updates and maintenance, in-store merchandising support and finding creative solutions to our design needs. In this hybrid on-site and remote role, you’ll report to our Chief of Staff. Our support team is small and scrappy. The right candidate will be able to make tough design calls, resolve issues independently, wear multiple hats and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Work with Culinary Director and printing partners on quarterly menu formatting, copy-editing and proofreading
- Concept, develop and execute strategic print and digital advertising collateral within deadlines
- Iterate and produce design concepts for 2D and 3D signage
- Work with third party vendors to see projects through completion, including some installation
- Website updates and maintenance
- In-store merchandising guidance, as opportunities arise
- Be curious and design for our guests’ experience, in-store, online and curbside
- Have a willingness to go above and beyond to support our restaurants’ design needs as necessary
- 5 to 15+ hrs / week (willingness to go beyond when necessary)
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe suite of products, especially InDesign and using typography style sheets
- Acceptance of Northstar’s Non-Disclosure / Non-Compete Agreement
- Excited to wear many different hats and problem solve as needed
- Willingness to provide candid opinions and guidance when it comes to design projects
- Enjoy the satisfaction of undertaking meaningful work for a growing organization
- Bonus skills: working knowledge of HTML, GetBento and Squarespace; food photography and photo editing
Compensation and Benefits
- Hourly Rate: based on experience
- Complimentary Meals: free when working + $500 quarterly discretionary account (this is everyone’s favorite part!)
- Active Lifestyle Benefit: Up to $250 annual reimbursement for participation in healthy outdoor events.