Do you have a passion for turning marketing strategy into exciting, cutting-edge designs? RG Barry Brands is seeking a highly creative Digital Design Lead to join our creative marketing team.
In this role, based in suburban Columbus, OH, and reporting to the Creative Director, you will
lead design of digital marketing initiatives. You will own all digital content, including but not limited to brand websites, corporate website, marketing emails, digital ads, and wholesale customer digital marketing requests. You will collaborate with the creative director, VP of eCommerce, web merchant, copywriter, graphic designers, and marketing production manager and ensure well-thought out and on-time delivery of assets that are compelling, on strategy, and adhere to brand guidelines.
You will manage the creative of website/ecommerce, email and social media for multiple brands. You will lead team to strategize with key stakeholders to create wireframes, user flows, and functional specs so the designs maximize usability and performance. You will work in tandem with developers to ensure content is accurately displayed. You must be able to understand and interpret business needs and product requirements and transform them into user-focused, intuitive web, mobile brand experiences.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Overseeing, developing and defining seasonal design strategies for R.G. Barry Brands’ websites and mobile sites;
- Supporting eCommerce team and .com Sales team with creative execution of .com site graphics, display advertising, email advertising, .com retailer creative assets;
- Collaborating with Ecommerce Team to execute against marketing strategies that drive internet sales for multiple brands;
- Designing and maintaining websites – executes design and maintain high design / production quality. Planning site design by clarifying goals; designing functionality;
- Designing user interface, tools and web pages to meet RG Barry Brands’ branding guidelines and web best practices;
- Maintaining site appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards;
- Helping keep the team up-to-date with the latest developments in internet technologies and best practices;
- Advocating the creation and iteration of design strategies that help leadership visualize a long-term organizational direction;
- Organizes and maintains all artwork files;
- Managing creative process for digital display ad campaigns: provides concepts, and directly manages the execution of creative by agency partners;
- Building new email campaigns and defining Brand email visual platform;
- Preparing art with appropriate composition, layout, and design while adhering to technical specifications for interactive and print;
- Preparing creative presentations and presenting to management;
- Maintaining awareness of fashion trends and competitors’ offerings as related to consumer marketing, eCommerce and social media;
- Maintaining working knowledge of current software programs used for print and interactive design;
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of interactive and print technologies;
- Completing assignments in a meticulous, efficient manner while supporting company goals and objectives.
- Performing other duties as required.
Specific job requirements include:
- BS/BA or related 4-year design degree with an emphasis in graphic / interactive design and 5-7 years agency or in-house experience with consumer brands, or equivalent required.
- You’ve launched, revitalized, or differentiated brands online.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Must possess clean, modern design sense, as well as the ability to apply that sense during the design problem-solving process
- Understanding user-centered design methods and techniques and operates from a mobile-first standpoint
- Ability to think through and communicate ideas through sketches and wireframes;
- Ability to organize and maintain a variety of design development schedules, as well as budgets and design strategies. Values deadlines and sets realistic expectations around them and how to meet them.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage projects on a daily basis.
- High level of interpersonal skills in working effectively and independently with all levels of management, as well as outside resources.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, in a fast paced environment.
- Should possess sufficient mathematical and analytical skills in order to perform required tasks successfully.
- Should possess knowledge of current and emerging technologies in web design and eCommerce.
At RG Barry Brands, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in an exciting, rapidly growing retail company. Our team members are empowered in their roles and are encouraged to try new things and express their ideas. Because of our smaller size, we have the unique opportunity to react quickly, and we understand that each team member’s contribution is integral to our success.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. For consideration, please send your resume and portfolio with salary requirements to:
Equal Opportunity Employer