Primary Function: This position is responsible for the leadership and development of digital marketing platforms, including social media marketing, email marketing, website maintenance, and analytics of all digital initiatives for CAPA and its affiliated organizations such as Columbus Symphony, Lincoln Theatre Association, Drexel Theatre, McCoy Center, Cinema Columbus, and CBUSArts.
Additional Information: This is a salaried, full-time position. The selected candidate will be eligible for CAPA’s benefits package, including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with up to 5% company match after 6 months, generous Paid Time Off (PTO)and complimentary tickets to select CAPA shows.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Update content and maintain structural update process of websites for CAPA and its affiliated organizations.
- Oversee addition of dynamic content to websites, including individual show pages and online forms.
- Oversee social media content design and development for CAPA and affiliated organizations. Duties include regular content creation, as well as paid digital advertising when needed. Social media platforms include but are not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Oversee creation and distribution of weekly email marketing campaigns for CAPA and its affiliates by working directly with individual organizations and other appropriate departments.
- Maintain the front-end design of CBUSArts.com, working with rental organizations to get official ticketing pages updated with correct information.
- Work cross-departmentally with CAPA (and its affiliates) staff to guide strategy and implementation for marketing efforts, including promotion of individual shows, season planning, and general branding campaigns. Collaborates with marketing managers to organize and execute paid digital strategy, including but not limited to: SEM, display advertising, promoted social media campaigns and retargeting efforts
- Works directly with the organizations’ marketing team, artistic leadership, and other appropriate departments to generate and implement new content ideas. Works with employees throughout our affiliated companies to generate and identify other content opportunities
- Oversee Digital Content and Video Specialist position, including coordination of video production schedules with CAPA and its affiliates.
- Track, analyze, and report on website traffic, social media analytics, and email marketing campaign performances.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience working with website CMS systems like WordPress, including a working knowledge of HTML + CSS.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have keen visual sense of design standards; Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, InDesign, and Dreamweaver.
- Experience running social media channels for organizations, including paid social media experience.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and Social Media Analytics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, accurate, efficient, possess good judgement, and be able to creatively problem solve.
- Must have keen visual sense of design standards.
Credentials and Experience
- Previous experience managing websites
- Experience with email marketing campaigns and email best practice.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred concentration in Marketing, Communications, or related field).
- Must be available to work nights and weekends as necessary.
- Must own reliable technology (like a smart phone).
Submit your application via our Applicant Tracking System with the following URL:
CAPA’s EEO Statement:
The Columbus Association for the Performing Arts (CAPA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CAPA does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, lactation status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
CAPA’s Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
CAPA believes in the power of diversity – we can only achieve our vision to make Columbus a destination for living, breathing art when we include everyone. CAPA is committed to presenting art that brings people from all backgrounds together to experience the transformative power of the arts. In the same spirit that we celebrate the many forms of performance art on our stages, we value, appreciate, and celebrate all human beings in our community.
CAPA recognizes that there are cultural and systemic barriers that prevent complete inclusivity and equity. CAPA’s Diversity and Inclusion commitment is to progressively and continuously work to identify those barriers and intentionally adapt our practices, demonstrate our efforts, and measure the results to promote inclusion and equity.