At Nationwide, we find purpose in protecting people, businesses and futures with extraordinary care – and we’ve been doing that since 1926. Our financial strength and caring culture extend beyond our associates into the communities we serve. You really can feel the difference at Nationwide, which is why we continue to be named one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies To Work For. Check out why others think we’re a great place to work, too, and let us know – can you see yourself at Nationwide?
If you’re passionate about becoming a Nationwide associate and believe you have the potential to be something great, let’s talk.
Job Description Summary
Do you have the ability to generate fresh, inspiring ideas and translate them into impactful work? Are you comfortable with an iterative process – create, test, learn? If you can bring a contagious energy, work collaboratively and drive value through the creative process, we want to know more about you!
As a Director, you’ll lead creative work in support of business goals. We’ll count on you to be involved in every stage of development, from idea generation and messaging plan development to the execution of content and campaigns. You’ll have daily opportunities to inspire and motivate the team to elevate their thinking and deliver solutions. In addition, you’ll help set a department vision and guide associates toward reaching it.
- Directs team’s creative output, including content and design, to align with strategic vision. Creative work includes print, digital, information design, social media, motion design, photography and video. Work is primarily external-facing sales collateral, campaigns, content development and advertising.
- Consults with project leaders and partners to ensure the creative work delivers on business objectives and provides results with creative implications. Ensures creative work is outstanding and accurately expresses the Nationwide brand.
- Directs the planning, development and implementation of complex creative initiatives. Consults on approaches through a creative lens, advocating for an approach to the work. Interacts with leadership during creative proposal presentations.
- Establishes a creative culture where an exchange of ideas is valued. Reviews technology and recommends updates and improvements that will benefit the department. Stays current on industry trends, sees the big picture, explores possibilities and provides resources to inspire new ideas.
- Maintains knowledge of business vision and strategic priorities. Examines their challenges, analyzes the market, their key target segments and their competitors; distills these findings into impactful resources.
- Consults on processes that facilitate efficient work. Responsible for the hiring and coordination of outside resources, including contractors, freelancers, photographers, audio/visual vendors and events coordinators.
- Manges associates’ performance, salary planning, training and development, process and planning and recruiting and retaining staff.
May perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to Associate Vice President, Creative Services. Manages a team of seven or more Marketing professionals. Also may manage matrix reporting relationships and virtual teams.
Typical Skills and Experiences:
Education: Undergraduate studies in art, visual design, communications, journalism, advertising or related creative services field. Advanced degree preferred.
Experience: Typically, 10 years or more of related experience in creative service positions, including five years of creative management experience.
Nationwide is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone feels challenged, appreciated, respected and engaged. Nationwide prohibits discrimination and harassment and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to any characteristic (or classification) protected by applicable law.